Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is the deal with the pano roof. I've been reading about people complaining that it would let in too much sun light. On the car config page at mb it says it has a power shade. Shouldn't that fix it? How can you have a sunroof without any shade cover?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I don't really understand most people's concerns either. Personally, I think most of it is hub bub over nothing. No offense to those perpetuating all of the hub bub. It does probably allow more heat into the cabin by virtue of having a massive piece of glass as your roof in lieu of metal that would allow for some better insulation. That much I understand but I don't think anyone needs to be concerned about feeling like sunlight is constantly beating down on them. I've read reviews on it from people in TX, AZ, etc. and most of them said the A/C was more than adequate at combating heat in the cabin.

If you're curious or concerned I would head on over to a local dealer and ask to see another model with a Pano roof. The CLA isn't the first or only MB model to have it. In fact, I think it's standard on the C-Coupe. The shade supposedly lets in some light because it is mesh. I've yet to see it in person but I've read that it's not the equivalent of a 'room darkening shade' or the sliding cover that you can open and close with a conventional moonroof.

-Eric

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh if that't the case it's no problem. I'm in Maryland and barely get sun at all. I just wanted to make sure there actually was a shade cover.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It has a shade cover, to be frank I havent even opened once the sunroof, I just bought it because it makes the car look so much better! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
speaking of tint, what do you think of 35's on everything but the windshield? Also what is the best brand for tints? I got 20's on my hyundai but after 2 years they became purple. Now they're practically see through.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Oh if that't the case it's no problem. I'm in Maryland and barely get sun at all. I just wanted to make sure there actually was a shade cover.
So why have a sun roof ? :) just kidding.

The roof glass is darkly tinted already. Don't waste money on that. The mesh shade works very well. I live in a very warm part of northern California and 100+ degree heat is not an issue
in my C-Coupe. The AC on the C Coupe does take a few minutes to become fully cold which can be annoying on a very hot day. Once the cold air comes, everything is fine.
Hope the CLA is a bit better on that end.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So why have a sun roof ? :) just kidding.

The roof glass is darkly tinted already. Don't waste money on that. The mesh shade works very well. I live in a very warm part of northern California and 100+ degree heat is not an issue
in my C-Coupe. The AC on the C Coupe does take a few minutes to become fully cold which can be annoying on a very hot day. Once the cold air comes, everything is fine.
Hope the CLA is a bit better on that end.
I want to get tints on the rear window and the side windows. Cant find any pricing on that type of tint.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Pano roof and heat in Texas.

Does anyone have experience with the Panoramic sunroof on other Mercedes and live in a hot climate like Texas? I worry that the screen would not block out enough of the heat when the outside temperature is about 100 degrees. I ask this question because my daughter has a Fiat 500 with a fixed glass roof with a screen and when her car sits outside in a parking lot the interior temperature will be over 120 degrees. She has finally resorted to stuffing a sunshade between the roof and her screen to block out the sun. Let me know your thoughts. Thank you. :wink:

·
Registered
347 Posts
What a few clients of mine had done is tint them. Tinting them will help keep most of the heat out. Most people never close the shade hence why the car is always hot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.