Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have a 2015 CLA 250 and I need help figuring out what to do with the sunroof to get it back into working order. I use the switch to open the sunroof and the back left corner opens, but the back right corner doesn't move. If you're looking out of the front of the vehicle I'm calling the rear left passenger side the back left, and the rear right passenger side the back right corner. I tried doing the reset trick with the switch but that didn't work (when you hold the sunroof switch in various positions and hold for 5 seconds each time to reset the switch). Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
Stratus

p.s. responses like "just take it to a dealer" and "why did you buy that car" and "Its difficult to love you son" are not helpful. Also if this has already been answered if someone could point me in that direction you'd be doing me a kindness :)

· Registered
2,415 Posts
...I use the switch to open the sunroof and the back left corner opens, but the back right corner doesn't move. < Have you tried a slight upward pressure with your finger at this point?
Welcome to the CLA Forum Stratus :)
Thinking that there might be small debris causing a hangup?

· Registered
65 Posts
Check out the GLA forums. There’s not much discussion here but a lot of it on that forum (glaowners.com) and it should be more or less the same assembly. Long story short, there’s a plastic shoe that breaks and there’s a guy that frequents the GLA forums that has a (I think 3D printed) solution that some people seem to have that success with.. not sure if he’s popped up here yet. Search something like your thread title on the GLA forums and you’ll get hits.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the CLA Forum Stratus :)
Thinking that there might be small debris causing a hangup?
I have tried pushing up in that corner, but I'm afraid that my raw man strength might shatter the panoramic sunroofs glass. There is a possibility that its faulting due to a sensor thinking its catching on something and just refusing to open. I cant see into the track, but i'll do a double check just in case

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check out the GLA forums. There’s not much discussion here but a lot of it on that forum (glaowners.com) and it should be more or less the same assembly. Long story short, there’s a plastic shoe that breaks and there’s a guy that frequents the GLA forums that has a (I think 3D printed) solution that some people seem to have that success with.. not sure if he’s popped up here yet. Search something like your thread title on the GLA forums and you’ll get hits.
Oh yes! I actually have a 3d printer!! I'm astounded because 3d printing has been a very odd hobby of making random crap and then having one application where I'm like "Hey it IS kinda handy!"

· Premium Member
13,595 Posts
think the 3d part is the front guide?
the rear lift is quite tough
my guess is some hard debris got caught
with the shade fully open
a polymer panel clip pry tool buffered with a thick towel at the fulcrum might assist in raising that stuck rear corner for inspection
before all that … can you hear any difference in the actuation sound at the two corners? that is a telltale

1 - 6 of 6 Posts