Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have a problem with the panoramic roof is fully closed now. The problem is that is not open (even it doesnt lift from the rear side so as next to pull up the front side and slide to the back).
The motor (teeth still good) still works.
When i press the button to open the sunroof it makes some crunhies noise inside the cables.

How can i lift manual the sunroof from inside so as to remove the glass and have acces to the rail and see what is the problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Gears and/or other plastic parts might have broken. This sounds like a job for..... a professional.

·
Registered
10,974 Posts
Oh geewhiz not this again
Yeah ... may crack the already stressed glass if you try to force it
Miss the old days of having a hidden hand crank access port in the roof panel ... ghetto but it worked

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, i have a problem with the panoramic roof is fully closed now. The problem is that is not open (even it doesnt lift from the rear side so as next to pull up the front side and slide to the back).
When i press the button to open the sunroof it makes some crunhies noise inside the cables.

How can i lift manual the sunroof from inside so as to remove the glass and have acces to the rail and see what is the problem?

Thanks
Same... merc asking $3,400 to repair!!! Piece of junk

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks
This happened to me 7months ago a month after I purchased my 2016 CLA 250 4Matic. It is the sunroof rails that are broken. Unfortunately it’s an issue you have to take it to the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts