Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I've asked a few different people and they all suggested to have Mercedes do the work. I've been told a lot of the panels are very hard to put back into place and if anything doesn't fit just right Mercedes will have to honor their work! Food for thought.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Paul,
I agree! I was never clear about the responses on this issue:
They won't repair under warranty?
They won't repair period??
They won't sell him the parts???
None of makes any sense!
Geo:mad:

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
To do it right i think the roof trim comes down for cleaner access to the mounts and shade etc ... would give an excuse for rear cam wiring while its down

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
From what I was told a pillars have to come off also. and the clips that hold them in place tend to break.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well I have got soooo much info from this place you can purchase digital copies of your specific vehicle. It gives you info on what to do for specific jobs endless info. I wish I had done this sooner I wouldn't have broken some stuff :p. I would post website if admins allow don't need no trouble ^_^ I will have as much detail when I write this up man you can break stuff and not know it so many brittle plastic pieces. Makes me wonder about the quality of plastic and/or design since I had a GS300 for almost 20 years handed over to my son never once did maintenance on it and it worked until my son ran it into a pool of water and flooded it. Thats how he got out lol. I will be at it again this weekend wish me luck. Don't be afraid it isn't as bad if you know how it's put together BEFORE you take it apart ( limits mistakes)

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
Good ... glad you found the “emanuals” for the car ... pretty much a version of the benz wis
Keep tinkering and keep us posted!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well I would more than have loved for Mercedes to have done the work but parts alone ran me $1000 this is with the discount lol this other dealer did take care of me. From their end only got me for a few % over going market price plus I got OEM parts. I was not going to change all the parts but with all the work involved I said @$%# it!! Yes it is a bit detailed work that needs to be done but its not impossible especially if you have the information needed to take this apart. If your roof opens up it's easier and less risky to breaking pieces. I will post soon as I get time with detail. Yes anytime you take anything apart you risk breaking stuff but it's worth the risk considering the cost of them doing it ( plus you learn some stuff) . If anyone is interested in doing this on their own be prepared to pay at least $700 ( for both rails should come with cable and carriage ) for the parts alone I also changed out my screen I never want to see this pano apart again!!!! I also highly recommend blowing air through the guide tubes and some light cleaning agent. Again I will post derails with pictures soon as I get a chance. All I have left is a trip to the dealer for calibration of course I want to do some testing manually to make sure all is good and cideo tape it so they don't try and get me for a motor or some other shit ( TRUST NO ONE)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts