Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can not run forever, so there comes a time for parking. If you buy the parking assistant you will get parking sensors included. But if you consider yourself as a good driver that do not need parking assistant, is it possible to buy only the sensors? I believe I have read everything about this car, but can not find anything about front and back sensors. A lof of cars have this as standard now.

Rearview camera is also optional. In my opinion this should be included as standard equipment since it is important for security matter, just like attention assist and collision prevention assist.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Parktronic is the only available option it includes both front/rear sensors with the activ park assistant. I think is standard on all Mercedes park assistant system anno 2013. I orderd this and rear view camera on my CLA. Both for my wife's sake and resale value.

Cars anno 2013 should have this as standard.

Ps: I shared my CLA config in the Norwegian section of this forum.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You can not run forever, so there comes a time for parking. If you buy the parking assistant you will get parking sensors included. But if you consider yourself as a good driver that do not need parking assistant, is it possible to buy only the sensors? I believe I have read everything about this car, but can not find anything about front and back sensors. A lof of cars have this as standard now.

Rearview camera is also optional. In my opinion this should be included as standard equipment since it is important for security matter, just like attention assist and collision prevention assist.
I wanted only the park sensors, unfortunately that is not possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked:
Here mercedes wants to pull the money out of your Pocket .:(
I have just the camera, but I should have but this complete parking system!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Anyone knows how much mercedes charged on older cars that only had the parksenors without the assistant?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cars anno 2013 should have this as standard.
I agree with you. In Norway this costs 2500 USD. I think it is problematic that premium cars like CLA don't have sensors and camera.

Anyone who buys a new car nowadays should select rear view camera. Not only for safety but also to help with parking and maneuvering. It is also easier to sell a car with a rear view camera. A lot of cars have bad camera, but Mercedes has put a very good camera in CLA, so you get at perfect picture of the situation behind the car before you start driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts