Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I was able to put together a group buy with Pedal Commander. The sales manager (Murat Yilmaz) offered the following.

Price: $249.00 USD + Free Shipping (Regular price is $299 + shipping)
Group Buy Minimum: 15
Vehicles: All Mercedes
Intent to buy: January 24th, 2015 end of day.
Coupon Code: Will be sent/provided on January 26th
Expiration: Coupon code will expire on February 1st. (January 31st is the last day to place your order)

What is Pedal Commander?
Pedal Commander is a throttle position controller it helps your engine response faster and your can car accelerate faster. More info can be found here: Pedal Commander throttle controller

If you're interested, then please add your name to the list. Please copy and paste the previous list and add your name so it's easier for me to keep count.

FYI...I am not paid by Pedal Commander, I'm only doing this as I think there is a lot of interest and the reviews for Pedal Commander by forum members have been nothing but positive.

List
1. jedi45

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
whats the word on install. is it a diy or does it have to be taken to someone who is well versed in electronics?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plug and play. Probably the easiest mod compared to satisfaction. See the videos on their site.

whats the word on install. is it a diy or does it have to be taken to someone who is well versed in electronics?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
cant see videos! MY work blocks emmm :furious: very cool though i will prob get in on this even though my car isnt in my hands yet.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is this compatible with the Carlsson C-Tronic Plug and play module that plugs into the ECU? I want better throttle response, but I don't know if having the ECU tuned and throttle controller tuned will cooperate

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Is this compatible with the Carlsson C-Tronic Plug and play module that plugs into the ECU? I want better throttle response, but I don't know if having the ECU tuned and throttle controller tuned will cooperate
Doesn't plug into ECU so it shouldn't interfere. All it does is increase applied current to ETC at the pedal so I really doubt there would be a problem between the two. Added bonus of the PC is the fine tuning. If your C-Tronic does increase voltage to ETC and you up it more with PC it may throw a CEL. Just dial down the setting on the PC and you'll be set.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Doesn't plug into ECU so it shouldn't interfere. All it does is increase applied current to ETC at the pedal so I really doubt there would be a problem between the two. Added bonus of the PC is the fine tuning. If your C-Tronic does increase voltage to ETC and you up it more with PC it may throw a CEL. Just dial down the setting on the PC and you'll be set.
Right it plugs in above the pedals, I haven't found any clear instructions but I just didn't want my CLA's computer to go haywire! Ahahah thank you that does make sense now, i think everyone who owns a CLA would agree quicker throttle response would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
920 Posts
1. jedi45
2. khaile
3.dionisio944

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Good question. I have the C-Tronic unit also. Need to know if they'll work together.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Add me to the list

1. jedi45
2. khaile
3.dionisio944
4. aznsushi41

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tmwei396 - I am checking with Pedal Commander regarding your question. In the meantime, as Pete said it does not plug into the ECU so there shouldn't be any issues. I know there are a couple of folks on the forum that have a Throttle Box and ECU piggy back that's not from the same manufacturer. I plan on getting an ECU piggyback as soon as a good deal comes out.

Good question. I have the C-Tronic unit also. Need to know if they'll work together.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Sure get me in on this deal!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From Pedal Commander, "Pedal Commander compatible with all car stock or tuned."

tmwei396 - I am checking with Pedal Commander regarding your question. In the meantime, as Pete said it does not plug into the ECU so there shouldn't be any issues. I know there are a couple of folks on the forum that have a Throttle Box and ECU piggy back that's not from the same manufacturer. I plan on getting an ECU piggyback as soon as a good deal comes out.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
As others have said on this forum for throttle boxes and ECU piggyback systems. it's up to the dealer usually to make that determination and most members would remove it prior to taking it to the dealer for service. It's a 5-15 minute installation, so it shouldn't be that much of an inconvenience.

Does installing Pedal Commander break warranty ?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm in.

1. jedi45
2. khaile
3. dionisio944
4. aznsushi41
5. Clallan
6. tmwei396

Reactions: jedi45
1 - 20 of 273 Posts