We don't have the option of stick shift in the US

It's going to be a long wait for my AMG

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Congratulations - looks great !!!

We don't have the option of stick shift in the US

It's going to be a long wait for my AMG
The CLA in Europe has the AMG package that's virtually identical to the CLA45 down to the seats, trims, rims and steering wheels. Very lovely car !

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
How is the rear view out from the driver's seat ? Is there a great need for back-up camera ?
Also how are the blind spots ???

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How is the rear view out from the driver's seat ? Is there a great need for back-up camera ?
Also how are the blind spots ???
The rear view camera does help quite a bit but the view out the back isn't as bad as some think imo. Very handy to have the camera though for piece of mind.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
The CLA in Europe has the AMG package that's virtually identical to the CLA45 down to the seats, trims, rims and steering wheels. Very lovely car !
I understand the (non-leather) Recaro seats are standard everywhere on the CLA45 except in the US which is a $2250 option and is currently NOT available for ordering.
The standard US CLA45 seats are the CLA AMG package seats in Europe and I assume Australia and elsewhere as well like those posted above by CLA13 from England.
It also appears to includ the same standard CLA45 steering wheel with red stitching and flat bottom. The optional AMG performance steering wheel is slightly different.
The car above, hence, is how a standard US CLA45 will look ( not the six speed ) except for the red seat beat, exhaust tip and grill.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Keep in mind the cla45 will be lower and perhaps stanced a little wider

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Keep in mind the cla45 will be lower and perhaps stanced a little wider

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app
Not really unless you have the AMG driver package. It is the same size tires ( I am talking about the base CLA45 now.)
The only easily distinguished feature at quick glance is the RED calipers. The 19" 16 spokes wheels may be but there is a 14 spoke 18"
option rim on the regular CLA that sort of look like the 16 spoke 19" both being painted matte black.

·
Registered
278 Posts
wow i would feel weird driving on the right hand side smh

·
Registered
730 Posts
Tidy looking car, amazing details & design!

·
Registered
495 Posts
CLA13, I see that you have had your car for a while now. I saw in another thread that a member said that after his first wash that the paint washed off of his calipers. Have you had any issues with the integrity of the paint on your calipers?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CLA13, I see that you have had your car for a while now. I saw in another thread that a member said that after his first wash that the paint washed off of his calipers. Have you had any issues with the integrity of the paint on your calipers?
No the paint is still intact and I've used wheel cleaner too.

·
Registered
495 Posts
No the paint is still intact and I've used wheel cleaner too.
Cheers, I don't know what kind of wheel cleaner he was using. I only use Meguiar's car wash when cleaning my wheels. That crazy wheel cleaner has some harsh chemicals that destroy the integrity of the rims and such.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers, I don't know what kind of wheel cleaner he was using. I only use Meguiar's car wash when cleaning my wheels. That crazy wheel cleaner has some harsh chemicals that destroy the integrity of the rims and such.
Yeah some cleaners can be harsh, I use bilberry cleaner so it's not harsh either.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I use Griots and P21s. Both are pretty gentle and do a great job. The new Griots I picked up is for tougher dirt and it turns purple when it mixes with the brake dust...the color change alone is worth the price of entry. On a recommendation, I also picked up some Sonax which I've been told also turns purple. I haven't tried it yet but I've been told it is great.

The key is to stay away from harsh acids or anything that allegedly removes the brake dust for you. A good cleaner that is also gentle on the wheel paint will require some agitation to clean the wheels.

-Eric

1 - 20 of 55 Posts