Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nice share!

Any known details on the motor...?

- engine-oil weight & volume (and type/spec, as-in does it have to be a certain SAE/dealer-sourced)
- recommended fuel (USDM octane)
- service-intervals (ie. plugs, timing-belt, water-pump, etc)

The various German manufacturer direct-engine turbo motors have been void of notable sludge and/or carbon-deposit issues, correct? I know VAG (VW/Audi) had issues w/ such in the recent past.

·
Registered
515 Posts
nice fiind... i wonder if that motor would fit in my Blender and maybe i could make a decent Protein drink.... need help grinding nuts and ice cubes... lol:yawn:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Is there a type of motor oil brand approved to Mercedes standards? I'm not familiar with Mercedes. With Audi, I know of only two brands that are certified to VW 501 and 502 standards. I'm always checking the backsides of the oil bottles. European cars are very particular about what motor oil they use.

Also good question about the timing belt. Does it need to be replaced at a certain mileage, or do you just wait for failure?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
4 Posts
How much PSI does the stock turbo push out? Assuming more of the same size engines with Turbos are all about the same...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Although I speak no words of German, this wikipedia site notes that the engine is chain driven (so I'm guessing its an interference engine?):
Mercedes-Benz M 270/M 274 ? Wikipedia

Translate using Google Translate:
The engine has two overhead chain-driven camshafts . Both camshaft timing is adjusted . [4] This, in conjunction with the turbocharger, the so-called scavenging , wherein the overlap between the opening times of inlet and outlet part. Here flushes the cold fresh air sucked in the still hot flue gas in the combustion chamber located in the exhaust manifold, which improves substantially the cylinder filling. The turbocharger speaks of the increased gas flow in the exhaust system, especially at low speeds much faster. Thus, a is turbo lag avoided. By direct the fresh air is not mixed in the fuel flowing into the cylinder, thereby scavenging losses (unburned gasoline leaking in the manifold) are avoided.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts