Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ! Because I didn't find a similar thread, I woul like to see pictures of your car , have you modifed anything ? added a spoiler , spay painted a component ? Made the car more aggessive-looking ? It would interesting to see that ! Mine is pretty basic for the moment but I already planned to add a trunk lip spoiler if I'm able to stick it correctly

·
Registered
2018 CLA 45 AMG Yellow Night Edition
4 Posts
Always cool to see what others are doing to theirs...

Mine is a 2018 Yellow Night Edition (limited edition)

I removed the yellow from the exterior and blacked it out (emblems/badges/rims) and did a ceramic coat on the car and rims to protect the paint... nothing else done to the exterior.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Always cool to see what others are doing to theirs...

Mine is a 2018 Yellow Night Edition (limited edition)

I removed the yellow from the exterior and blacked it out (emblems/badges/rims) and did a ceramic coat on the car and rims to protect the paint... nothing else done to the exterior. View attachment 65389

View attachment 65390
your car is amazingly wonderful mate ! Btw did you paint the yellow parts in black by yourself ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
your car is amazingly wonderful mate ! Btw did you paint the yellow parts in black by yourself ?
Thanks! The nice thing was I guess, that all the yellow accents were just stickers. I had a local company who did all the work for me remove those... along with wrapping the lip around the rims (those were actually painted on). This way I felt I could still keep the rims stock, but able to black them out.

I do like the look of the 2020 model with the round exhaust tips... there is a more aggressive looking diffuser and round exhaust tips you can get, but just a bit different style as that rear bumper is different now.

Before this car I had a CLA 250 4matic and put a trunk lip spoiler on... I used the 3M tape it came with plus a clear silicone. The spoiler and other small additions I like, they seem to add a nice subtle difference to the car aesthetically... especially when black.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! The nice thing was I guess, that all the yellow accents were just stickers. I had a local company who did all the work for me remove those... along with wrapping the lip around the rims (those were actually painted on). This way I felt I could still keep the rims stock, but able to black them out.

I do like the look of the 2020 model with the round exhaust tips... there is a more aggressive looking diffuser and round exhaust tips you can get, but just a bit different style as that rear bumper is different now.

Before this car I had a CLA 250 4matic and put a trunk lip spoiler on... I used the 3M tape it came with plus a clear silicone. The spoiler and other small additions I like, they seem to add a nice subtle difference to the car aesthetically... especially when black.
Yes black like yours is really cool ! mine is northern lights dark purple, so I planned to plasti did my badges/symbols in black and add a lip spoiler too. I wanted to put only 3M tape but a friend told me it would not stick for long only with tape.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes black like yours is really cool ! mine is northern lights dark purple, so I planned to plasti did my badges/symbols in black and add a lip spoiler too. I wanted to put only 3M tape but a friend told me it would not stick for long only with tape.
That will look good doing those black and adding the spoiler.

I was told the same thing as you about using 3M tape only, especially at higher speeds it may come loose... so I just went with it to make it perminantly hold using a clear silicone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts