Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like.to know because from what iv read I hear it has major issues with transmission, I really love the car but need to know what am I in for. Secondly has anyone had the car for long and got high mileage without issues

·
Registered
305 Posts
I just hit 70k miles on my 2014. I have had 0 issues. I just got my car serviced all I had to do besides the scheduled service was replace front pads and rotors.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You are indeed the blessed one
No turbo nor water pump campaigns either huh?
Nope thank god. I just paid her off last month. The only issues I've ever had which aren't really issues. Burnt out left head lamp bulb (replaced under warranty) and my gas cap wouldn't close every time. Dealership cleaned the sensor and that was it. This is by far the best car I have ever owned. I have thought about trading it in a few times just because I'm a guy who gets bored of cars fast. Now would be the time to trade in because I can get some value for it before the mileage gets too high but there is nothing I rather have.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nope thank god. I just paid her off last month. The only issues I've ever had which aren't really issues. Burnt out left head lamp bulb (replaced under warranty) and my gas cap wouldn't close every time. Dealership cleaned the sensor and that was it. This is by far the best car I have ever owned. I have thought about trading it in a few times just because I'm a guy who gets bored of cars fast. Now would be the time to trade in because I can get some value for it before the mileage gets too high but there is nothing I rather have.
45 or 250?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would like.to know because from what iv read I hear it has major issues with transmission, I really love the car but need to know what am I in for. Secondly has anyone had the car for long and got high mileage without issues
check out "Low boost!" post.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i meant :"LOw power! lost boost" post.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Know exactly how you feel!
Yeah after 75k miles the value drops dramatically. Right now there are no cars I would trade it in for. I will wait for the c63 to come out in awd and also keeping an eye out on the Tesla pickup. I hear quality issues with Teslas but I've always wanted a pickup and it sounds promising.

I would love the new Corvette but I need awd

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 154,000km (96k miles) 2 months ago and the only real problem for me is the left blind spot warning at high speeds. Other than that, it's just some creaks with the panoramic sunroof over bumps

·
Registered
110 Posts
My wife has 70,000 miles on her 2014 CLA 45 and it is still fast, beautiful, comfortable and totally trouble-free. No thought of trading. However, someone mentioned the 2020 Corvette. I haven't owned a Corvette for over 45 years, but the pictures of the 500 HP retractable hardtop Sting Ray Spyder could possibly tempt me to replace my one-owner supercharged 993 C4. The two wheel drive is not a deal breaker, but the lack of a proper three pedal manual could be. Just sayin......I'll have to drive it when available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a 154,000km (96k miles) 2 months ago and the only real problem for me is the left blind spot warning at high speeds. Other than that, it's just some creaks with the panoramic sunroof over bumps
I have the same issue with my left blindspot warning. It freaks my wife out when we're doing a buck 20 on the autobahn and I hit my left turn signal and the warning goes off.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
I have the same issue with my left blindspot warning. It freaks my wife out when we're doing a buck 20 on the autobahn and I hit my left turn signal and the warning goes off.
wonder what its ghosting off from?
so far knock on sensors mine have behaved well over 65 months...

·
Registered
170 Posts
My 2014 with 36k miles has been one of the best cars I have ever owned. Trouble free, fast, and fun. Praying it stays that way!

·
Registered
972 Posts
No turbo, water pump or rear diff issues for me. I just had the break in issues with squeaks in the door and dash. The seat belt rubbing against the B pillar. All fixed under warranty. I just had my A5 service done and at 23K miles, I need new front pads and rotors. I'd love to get the C63s if it came in AWD.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
9 Participants
Caug
Mercedes CLA Forum
We’re a community dedicated to the Mercedes-Benz CLA & CLA45 AMG. We offer CLA pictures, technical discussions, and more from owners across the world.
Full Forum Listing