Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I have the opportunity to speak with someone high up at mercedes benz corporate tomorrow regarding the CLA . Please let me know if there are any questions you want me to ask so I can get prepared to ask away.

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, thanks and please ask if after all the multimedia package is going to have 7 inch screen or the 5 as someone else stated.

Hi Everyone

I have the opportunity to speak with someone high up at mercedes benz corporate tomorrow regarding the CLA . Please let me know if there are any questions you want me to ask so I can get prepared to ask away.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Hi Everyone

Thanks
Do we pick up European Delivery at Stuttgart or at the Budapest factory ? Someone said Stuttgart. Need confirmation.
Does Mercedes intend to keep CLA45 production at 10000 a year with 2/3s coming to the United States ?
Will Back Up Camera be standard on all CLA ( all Mercedes for that matter) in 2015 ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Hi Everyone

Thanks
If they are going to do a black series run on the cla45? I will postpone my order if you come back with a yes answer tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi
My question is when you hook the iPhone in the USB port it's said not readable so theres not integration I cannot play music or use the phone the only way is by Bluetooth the USB port only charge the phone that's it so I'm wondering if we have to wait for some kind of updated or is only for charging purpose ?

Also the accessories like rubber mats when are they gonna be available ?

My car is a MB Cla200 AMG Package

Thanks and have a nice meeting

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well, thanks and please ask if after all the multimedia package is going to have 7 inch screen or the 5 as someone else stated.
There is a thread that was created yesterday by me that mentions info about the LCD screen. The 7" LCD screen will remain a feature for the mm package. it will remain a standard feature for vehicles that do not carry the mm package.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ask them to consider bringing the COMFORT suspension to the USA. Not everybody wants to pretend to be boy racer every single second of driving.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ask them to consider bringing the COMFORT suspension to the USA. Not everybody wants to pretend to be boy racer every single second of driving.
Tue stock suspension isn't as rough as you think. You will get a lot of stiffness only if you upgrade to the AMG Drivers Package for the cla 45amg. The cla 250 isn't suppose to be a rough ride either.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi
My question is when you hook the iPhone in the USB port it's said not readable so theres not integration I cannot play music or use the phone the only way is by Bluetooth the USB port only charge the phone that's it so I'm wondering if we have to wait for some kind of updated or is only for charging purpose ?

Also the accessories like rubber mats when are they gonna be available ?

My car is a MB Cla200 AMG Package

Thanks and have a nice meeting
Odd I do know that the usb port works to run the iPod in the cla 250 and Amy version. You might want to check with your dealership on that one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Hi Everyone

Thanks
Ask them when is the release date for the CLA 45 AMG in Canada and the U.S

·
Registered
26 Posts
In the UK you have two Command Online options - COMAND Online system with integrated 6-disc CD changer & COMAND Online system with Media Interface. Both have the following functionality:
Includes radio, 7-inch tablet-style colour display, hard disk drive (HDD) navigation with 3D map display and TMC (Traffic Message Channel), Speed Limit Assist, Linguatronic voice control in centre console and in-car Internet access (Internet-enabled mobile phone required). Also includes SD memory card slot, 10 GB music register and MP3 compatibility.

Media Interface allows connection and control of portable media devices (e.g. MP3 player, USB storage media) via ports in the centre console. Cables included for aux-in, USB or iPod connectivity.

COMAND Online system with integrated 6-disc CD changer does not allow connection and control of portable media devices. However you do have control via Bluetooth for iPhones.

Also available is the Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone - this doesn't need to be installed at the factory and can be installed by the Dealer - Mercedes-Benz Accessories GmbH - CLA-Class - Drive Kit Plus

With the "Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone®" your iPhone® 4/4S is fully
integrated in the CLA-Class. It is integrated through the interaction of the Mercedes-Benz app called "Digital DriveStyle" with the "Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone®" interface in the vehicle, where the iPhone® is connected and charged.

The "Digital DriveStyle" app is available free of charge at the iTunes® App Store [1]. In the app, extensive functions are seamlessly integrated in the new revolutionary user interface and shown on the vehicle display [2] . With the iPhone® connected, the "Digital DriveStyle" app is reliably and conveniently controlled via the ergonomically designed Controller.

Some of the functions of the "Digital DriveStyle" app:

Advanced navigation solution from Garmin® with web-based real-time traffic information, Points of Interest search and 3D map presentation.
Local search function powered by Google™ of Points of Interest with StreetView™ and destination transfer to Navigation.
Siri™ [3] can serve as your personal assistant by providing answers to your questions or carrying out commands which you would otherwise need to enter manually.
AUPEO! Personal Radio with individual music programming.
Internet radio with national and international stations.
Access to the track titles stored in your iPhone®.
Facebook® Feeds and Twitter® Tweets from friends are read out aloud[4].
Socially interactive experience through sharing and posting, e.g. the title of the song currently playing or of the navigation destination on Facebook® and Twitter®.
Glympse™: Communicate to your friends - in real-time - your current location, your vehicle speed and estimated time of arrival.
Intuitive CarFinder with automatic storing of vehicle location on iPhone®. By means of the integrated pedestrian navigation function in the iPhone® it is possible to find one's vehicle conveniently.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Hey Ryan that was a serious question in regards to a black series.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
331 Posts
Do we pick up European Delivery at Stuttgart or at the Budapest factory ? Someone said Stuttgart. Need confirmation.
Does Mercedes intend to keep CLA45 production at 10000 a year with 2/3s coming to the United States ?
Will Back Up Camera be standard on all CLA ( all Mercedes for that matter) in 2015 ?

Thanks.
ED is always at the customer center in Sindelfingen.

·
Registered
681 Posts
. it will remain a standard feature for vehicles that do not carry the mm package.
Did you mean "the 5.7" screen" will remain - - - - ?

·
Registered
681 Posts
In the UK you have two Command Online options - COMAND Online system with integrated 6-disc CD changer & COMAND Online system with Media Interface. Both have the following functionality:
Includes radio, 7-inch tablet-style colour display, hard disk drive (HDD) navigation with 3D map display and TMC (Traffic Message Channel), Speed Limit Assist, Linguatronic voice control in centre console and in-car Internet access (Internet-enabled mobile phone required). Also includes SD memory card slot, 10 GB music register and MP3 compatibility.

Media Interface allows connection and control of portable media devices (e.g. MP3 player, USB storage media) via ports in the centre console. Cables included for aux-in, USB or iPod connectivity.

COMAND Online system with integrated 6-disc CD changer does not allow connection and control of portable media devices. However you do have control via Bluetooth for iPhones.

Also available is the Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone - this doesn't need to be installed at the factory and can be installed by the Dealer - Mercedes-Benz Accessories GmbH - CLA-Class - Drive Kit Plus

With the "Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone®" your iPhone® 4/4S is fully
integrated in the CLA-Class. It is integrated through the interaction of the Mercedes-Benz app called "Digital DriveStyle" with the "Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone®" interface in the vehicle, where the iPhone® is connected and charged.

The "Digital DriveStyle" app is available free of charge at the iTunes® App Store [1]. In the app, extensive functions are seamlessly integrated in the new revolutionary user interface and shown on the vehicle display [2] . With the iPhone® connected, the "Digital DriveStyle" app is reliably and conveniently controlled via the ergonomically designed Controller.

Some of the functions of the "Digital DriveStyle" app:

Advanced navigation solution from Garmin® with web-based real-time traffic information, Points of Interest search and 3D map presentation.
Local search function powered by Google™ of Points of Interest with StreetView™ and destination transfer to Navigation.
Siri™ [3] can serve as your personal assistant by providing answers to your questions or carrying out commands which you would otherwise need to enter manually.
AUPEO! Personal Radio with individual music programming.
Internet radio with national and international stations.
Access to the track titles stored in your iPhone®.
Facebook® Feeds and Twitter® Tweets from friends are read out aloud[4].
Socially interactive experience through sharing and posting, e.g. the title of the song currently playing or of the navigation destination on Facebook® and Twitter®.
Glympse™: Communicate to your friends - in real-time - your current location, your vehicle speed and estimated time of arrival.
Intuitive CarFinder with automatic storing of vehicle location on iPhone®. By means of the integrated pedestrian navigation function in the iPhone® it is possible to find one's vehicle conveniently.
prdevani,
Thank you! In the US we will get some sort of option for about $600 US. It has "something" to do with the iPhone, but there has been no other info. Since I expect Merc sales people to be woefully ignorant about this car when we first get it, this sort of information is crucial when ordering a car so early in its production life.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts