Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i would make this page to see what kind of offers/deals people will get from dealers in the coming months or if someone has already gotten one.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Just thought i would make this page to see what kind of offers/deals people will get from dealers in the coming months or if someone has already gotten one.
I'm in the US Army and upon delivery of the vehicle I can expect up to $2,000 off the vehicle from being a USAA member.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm getting 1800 off my sicker due to my company being a mercedes supporter and having programs with them here in NYC

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
OMG, I've been a USAA member for years and never knew about their discounts with MB!!!!!!

Wahoo!!!!!!

-Eric

·
Registered
256 Posts
Don't forget that if you are a member of Costco, you have access to their "Auto Program", which is a car buying program exclusively for members. I certainly am going to explore it once cars are delivered to local dealers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I negotiated 3% off the total pre-tax price (around $1,200) when I pre-ordered mine.
How did you manage that? Ive talked to three dealers and not a one of them will budge off the MSRP.... However they did say that the CLA will be eligible for Employee Fleet Pricing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How did you manage that? Ive talked to three dealers and not a one of them will budge off the MSRP.... However they did say that the CLA will be eligible for Employee Fleet Pricing.
There are three dealers within 100 miles of where I live. I emailed all of them (never talked on the phone) and got them to break down the base price, options, dealer fees etc. I made sure each dealer knew I was shopping around. Once I got the itemized price "list" settled I asked them if anyone would offer me a % concession for pre-ordering through them. One did not even respond to me, the other offered me a vague "sure we can offer you a discount" response but nothing specific. The 3rd dealer agreed to give me 1% off and said that I would be the first person who had pre-ordered the CLA that they would be giving a discount to. I responded and thanked him and (very nicely) said that it would need to be 5% to make an immediate decision on my part. They came back with 3% and since the other dealerships did not seem to want to play ball, I went with the 3%. I hope that helps!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I Got 1600 off the total Price that´s 3% of the total cost of the car, that was the best deal i could get. If you get the 3 % i think it´s great if you could get more, that would be awesome.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are three dealers within 100 miles of where I live. I emailed all of them (never talked on the phone) and got them to break down the base price, options, dealer fees etc. I made sure each dealer knew I was shopping around. Once I got the itemized price "list" settled I asked them if anyone would offer me a % concession for pre-ordering through them. One did not even respond to me, the other offered me a vague "sure we can offer you a discount" response but nothing specific. The 3rd dealer agreed to give me 1% off and said that I would be the first person who had pre-ordered the CLA that they would be giving a discount to. I responded and thanked him and (very nicely) said that it would need to be 5% to make an immediate decision on my part. They came back with 3% and since the other dealerships did not seem to want to play ball, I went with the 3%. I hope that helps!
Thats great. I tried that, but all three dealers that are closest to me already have 30+ pre-orders so at this moment, they dont really care to negotiate because no one has asked. Mercedes Benz of Dallas said no discount, Mercedes Benz of Oklahoma City said absolutely not, and I am still waiting to hear back from Mercedes Benz of Tulsa (which I doubt I will hear back.) So I guess my options are to pay MSRP, find another dealer thats in the next state, or wait until my local dealers have them on the lot. -_-

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow...did you really just ask that question?
Yes, I did. There are only a few people that have been able to get their dealerships to budge of the MSRP. So it is a legitimate question. If you do not want to discuss, you did not have to reply with a hateful question.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thats great. I tried that, but all three dealers that are closest to me already have 30+ pre-orders so at this moment, they dont really care to negotiate because no one has asked. Mercedes Benz of Dallas said no discount, Mercedes Benz of Oklahoma City said absolutely not, and I am still waiting to hear back from Mercedes Benz of Tulsa (which I doubt I will hear back.) So I guess my options are to pay MSRP, find another dealer thats in the next state, or wait until my local dealers have them on the lot. -_-
Sorry to hear that no one wanted to play ball with you man. Nashville is the largest metropolitan dealership so it shocked me that they were the ones who were willing to offer me a discount. I didn't go into the process with a lot of hop (having heard stories about Mercedes) but I was pleasantly surprised by the results. The internet sales manager was really easy to work with and never once made anything awkward. I've got my fingers crossed for you with the Tulsa dealership! Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts