Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been answered in other thread, but have not seen reference to power retractable outside mirrors on cla. It is listed on Canada's site but not mentioned on US site. Anyone know what is available for US market? Thanks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sorry if this has been answered in other thread, but have not seen reference to power retractable outside mirrors on cla. It is listed on Canada's site but not mentioned on US site. Anyone know what is available for US market? Thanks.
Based on the car I saw a month ago it is there, but the car was pre-production. I guess we have to wait few more days to find it out....

·
Registered
178 Posts
I spoke with my contacts at mb corporate and was told that the US version won't have power retractable mirrors available. I also asked them if that could change since the order guide isn't accurate and was told that anything is possible so I guess we just gotta wait and see.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
495 Posts
There are definitely a lot of inconsistencies between what is listed within the build feature and what is actually present within the vehicle. MB did a horrific job with this car from the start as far as providing solid info to us as consumers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for comments. It is very frustrating attempting to figure out what packages are available with what specifics. Especially looking at other countries' sites and sale brochures. Especially don't understand why a feature like this would not be even be offered let alone keyless go. Canada will have power retractable and US won't? With vehicles on their way to showrooms, you would think ordering details would be in place. I guess I will be like a lot of others and just wait to see what hits the streets. But i will say options or lack of options will sway my purchasing decision.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You still cannot configure a CLA on the UK MB web site other than wheel and colour options and see how it looks in a virtual world. You still cannot build a CLA abs see how much it costs etc.

My CLA has the old Comand Online system, well it should be called Comand not online not for the iPhone. I have been told this after purchase, the car was a showroom pre June 2013 build car. Doing battle with the supplying dealer. MB appear to be ignorant of the issue, not impressed with MB at all.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The vehicles I drove I believe has power folding mirrors. Keep in mind the C, E, CLS, and GLK do not have them.

·
Registered
681 Posts
There are definitely a lot of inconsistencies between what is listed within the build feature and what is actually present within the vehicle. MB did a horrific job with this car from the start as far as providing solid info to us as consumers.
This is why I can't even consider a Euro-delivery.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Went online to configure my Benz, the way I've been doing it for months now and the price has gone up. SMH. And the fact that the drive kit plus for the iphone 5 isn't ready, despite the fact that the iPhone 5 is officially a year old now is just atrocious. And why we don't get active headlights here in the US is still a mystery to me. We are two days before the supposed VPC release and my dealer still can't tell me when my car is going to get here. This is my first Benz, and really my first brand new vehicle period, and all I can say is I am not impressed. Will probably go back to buying used cars after this one, that is IF I buy this one. I still have to test drive it to see.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I get the concept of different options for Europe and US, but don't understand why Canada market would have more options than US. Then again, no one from MB is asking me.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ok, I get the concept of different options for Europe and US, but don't understand why Canada market would have more options than US. Then again, no one from MB is asking me.
The same reason we cannot walk down the street with an open beer in most cities; regulations. haha.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When i bought my CLA i actually got the electric mirrors for free as it was a already built so had some room to negotiate. We do have tiny parking spaces in the UK so we need to save the extra few inches....and it does look pretty cool as you lock it and walk away.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah I'm excited for this option. I beleive on our Australian spec cars come with it. I saw in the manual I can set it up when u lock the car they automatically go in. Also u can select audible or not. Wonder what it sounds like when u lock the car? Hopefully not just the horn

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your posts just make my point. And sorry, US regulations just don't explain options such as keyless go and power retracts not being offered in US. I understand that keyless go is not being offered at all, but power retracts are in several markets including our neighbor to the north. What? I get it that these things should not be a deal breaker for this auto, but it seems all we have is our vote through our purchases and I have just about had it. So I will let my MB dealer know, realizing it's just one voice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I'm excited for this option. I beleive on our Australian spec cars come with it. I saw in the manual I can set it up when u lock the car they automatically go in. Also u can select audible or not. Wonder what it sounds like when u lock the car? Hopefully not just the horn
I didn't know there was an audible option. My CLA is silent when i lock/unlock other than the noise of the mirrors moving in! The mirrors retract on locking and go out when you open the drivers door...

In the UK i think its a £310 option.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I didn't know there was an audible option. My CLA is silent when i lock/unlock other than the noise of the mirrors moving in! The mirrors retract on locking and go out when you open the drivers door...

In the UK i think its a £310 option.
under settings, there is a convenience setting where you can activate a very short honk. it only goes off when locking the vehicle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts