Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got that in the mail...

Anyone know exactly where is that module ?

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
Geee
Canada only I wonder?
Not sure where that box is but they hint it is quite exposed ...

·
Super Moderator
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer is 3hrs away...

I will have to plan a stop at the dealer with an other trip :cautious:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I live 70 miles from Canada. I wonder, do our customs and immigration guards do such an amazing job preventing that nasty and insidious corrosion/oxidation from crossing the border, or should we be concerned? Maybe our "U.S. salt" only attacks brake calipers, discs, brake & fuel lines, rocker panels, exhaust shields, mufflers, pipes, resonators, suspension parts, bolts, nuts, battery holders, sensors & brackets, emergency brake cables, wheel lugs & nuts, electrical connections, sockets, body panels, water pumps, etc. and actually leaves power steering controls totally alone?

·
Super Moderator
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do your car look like that in winter ?? :oops::ROFLMAO:

If not, you may not be to concern :p

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
@Northern Al

Your anti rascal ultrasonic device must also be protecting from alien corrosion

@David170

Good grief ... guess you will need to wait for some light hail to “wash” all that off

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just got that in the mail...

Anyone know exactly where is that module ?

View attachment 66994
Is there an incident recall number listed in the letter? We can't see the date on this letter and the last steering recall I could find was from 2017. I ask as I've searched the web looking for info on this and can't find any reference other than our forum. I went to the link at the bottom of your letter and it took me to the MB Aachen site recruiting new employees.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts