Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I read this interesting article on the fact that Australians pay much more for cars than in other countries (especially given the parity of the AUD/USD for 12 months now).

I know this topic's been done to death elsewhere on this forum and others - but it really does irk me! And some of the figures in that article are just staggering.

As for the price of the CLA, there is of course no firm public pricing. The A-Class 250 Sport is $49,900 in Australia... so I can't see the CLA 180 starting cheaper than $55k-ish... which means the CLA 250 will be much more expensive and, with some options, outside my price range. Which is a huge shame!

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's rough! I can see the logic with the right-handed market being much smaller, and the distance for shipping. On top of that compare the population count, given we're 300+ million in the U.S. versus 22+ million in Australia. Then you have government butting in, and that's never good for free market pricing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nearly of the the Australian test drives that happened around end of March stated that the CLA 200 would be priced just over $50k so theres still hope mate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I have pre ordered through my local dealer here in Townsville, QLD. And he suggested that CLA is about 7k more than A class. Still not too bad, if we just ignore the prices in US, Germany, UK....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah an acquaintance of mine in OZ bought a Jag convertible recently. I about sh#t when I heard the price!
We get pissed in Canada cause our prices are usually more than the US but I guess it could be a lot worse.

·
Registered
238 Posts
yeah the price is terrible. i suppose here its all relevant but. Buy for $100,000 sell second hang for $50,000. At least we get some money back

If the CLA 45 AMG comes in under $100,000 drive away I will be happy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts