Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, i'm new to the forum. Not sure if this is the right spot to ask for average pricing of the CLA.

I live in L.A and planning on to get the CLA250 when it's out. i haven't placed the order yet nor pre-order, but i will have it done by the next few weeks before 9/20 which is the launch date.

Can anyone share some information on how much you guys pay for your CLA250 in California? i know the taxes are different.

and if you know which dealer in L.A Region has the best deal offering right now please let me know.

My build will mostly be

-Night black
-Sport Package
-Panorama roof
-Bi-Xenon headlamps and LED taillamps
= $35,155 MSRP.

how much total $ am i looking to pay at this MSRP price range?

With the Premium package MSRP = $37,355 . how much at this price as well.

Thank you !:mblogoblack:

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Average price currently seems to be MSRP although some ARE getting discounts. It all depends on where you're located and whether a local dealer is offering something...yet. Once the cars are in showrooms and sitting on dealer lots I think you will find dealers more consistently discounting sales. There are a few group buy threads including one in Northern CA where a dealer is offering 6% off MSRP for their large group. Maybe it's worth the drive if you can mix the purchase with a nice trip down the coast in your new CLA...?

-Eric

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi, Eric ,thank you for replying. If , like you said, the average price are around the MSRP, i can live with that. What i am afraid of is the mark up or people would be paying over MSRP.

by the way, if the MSRP is $35,155 , is that how much total i am paying for this car despite the financing program? or is California tax included? or...?

It's my first time buying a new car here in the states.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Tax, title, delivery, dealer fees and certainly any financing costs are not included in the MSRP.

Cost of Car + Delivery (which is a fixed amount for all MB and is not negotiable) + Tax (is it 8% in CA? I don't know) + DMV (title, plates, etc) fees + any dealer fees (be careful here -- these MAY be negotiable. some dealers charge an advertising fee, etc.) = NET Cost of Car

Net cost of car + interest over the term of your loan (if you're buying) = Total Cost of Car

How the tax applies will depend on whether you're leasing or financing and your state's laws. In many states where you pay tax on the lease of a car, you only pay tax on the monthly fee (or the value of the lease) rather than on the price of the car. And, I'm sure this goes without saying but, of course, in addition to the "total cost of car", you need to keep in mind the costs of insurance, maintenance, gas, etc. and any renewal registration, etc. fees. I'm sure someone else will chime in if I've missed something.

-Eric

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ordered mine similar to your order! The only think I can see there is not discount off the price! Text Font here u can have an idea!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea it look's the same MSRP. so you got a $1055 discount?
was the price negotiable? or it is hard because it is the brand new model?

i can see you are having a 60 months finance options with %3.9 APR. that's not bad right?

what's your tax rate in your city?

Thank you

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Most sales taxes on items like cars are established by the state. What state do you live in?

If you work for a company that is a supplier to Mercedes you may qualify for fleet pricing. Also, you should check with any clubs or other associations you may be a member of since they might also offer a fleet discount. For example, USAA offers its members a $1K discount on the CLA. If you've been a member of the Mercedes owner's club in the US for the past...9-12 mos (can't remember which) you might qualify for a $500 discount or rebate. There are also buying resources, like Costco, that might be able to help with getting discounts on purchases. Costco is particularly good at this -- although since the CLA isn't out yet they might not be of much help. I know that they're able to get discounts for travel customers that even Virtuoso travel agents can't get for their customers in some cases.

3.9% is pretty good but check with your local credit union and call some banks to see if you can get better than whatever MBFS is offering. As with most things in life knowledge is your friend.

-Eric

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I lived in California , Los Angeles.

i just informed by a local dealer for a $35,155 MSRP + Tax + APR + Doc Fees = $38,759.50

To me that's a little bit over my price range. =(

just wondering, is anybody gonna buy a CLA with sport package and Pano roof only? lol

not really huh?

·
Registered
288 Posts

i just informed by a local dealer for a $35,155 MSRP + Tax + APR + Doc Fees = $38,759.50

just wondering, is anybody gonna buy a CLA with sport package and Pano roof only? lol

not really huh?
If you are in LA, there are two great dealerships to work with. One is Keyes European and the other is House of Imports down in Orange County. Yeah that price is a little steep for now. My suggestion is to wait it out, for a few months at least, for the initial rush to calm down and for more inventory to get into the system. Also, its easier to get a better deal on a higher MSRP car. You might want to look into a greater optioned car and see if you can get a better deal.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh nice, maybe i could contact them later. for few months as in how long? i know i can wait, but you know, getting all excited of this nice car.

and by great dealerships, what specific do you mean by that? just wondering :D

Thank you

·
Registered
53 Posts
I live in San Jose, CA and there is no negotiable price! Just discount for someone referred me! I got 3.99% , not bad but I'm trying to get lower in a credit union! The price is not bad for te car u r getting!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Oh nice, maybe i could contact them later. for few months as in how long? i know i can wait, but you know, getting all excited of this nice car.

and by great dealerships, what specific do you mean by that? just wondering :D

Thank you
i am talking by like maybe December time, or even longer. My expierence with luxury cars or higher priced cars is that the price usually stabilizes after a few months, although the new Lexus IS seems to be having great deals already, could be that Lexus really wants the car to get out in circulation. The dealership experiences we have had at both dealers (i had personal experience with House of Imports, my father did with Keyes) was wonderful, and both of their pricing was great. When you are ready to buy, let me know; i can put you in touch with someone over at House of Imports (hopefully he is still a salesman there lol). I am also really excited by this car as well. Problem is, next spring you have the Audi A3 and BMW 2 series coming out, so its going to be a real dogfight in this segment.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts

I don't know your personal situation (living at home, rent an apt, live on the streets, have tons of debt or none, are a trust fund baby, etc.) but in another thread you offered up your age/salary. You're talking about buying a car that is ~250% of your annual salary. It doesn't make sense (ever) to be car poor. Cars are depreciating assets. You don't tie up everything you have in something like a car. Wait until you've saved up some money and can actually afford what you want.

Respectfully, that's just my $.02,
-Eric

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I live in San Jose, CA and there is no negotiable price! Just discount for someone referred me! I got 3.99% , not bad but I'm trying to get lower in a credit union! The price is not bad for te car u r getting!
I am planning on to go to the Penske Mercedes, i have a friend that just bought a 2014 E-Class from with a good deal i suppose. If she takes me with her, would that be a referral in this case?

I know my APR won't be in a good numbers because my credit score is not too high. but my down payments would be at least 10k or 15k i think.

38K not bad? lol i was hoping 36k or even 35k at best. maybe im high

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know your personal situation (living at home, rent an apt, live on the streets, have tons of debt or none, are a trust fund baby, etc.) but in another thread you offered up your age/salary. You're talking about buying a car that is ~250% of your annual salary. It doesn't make sense (ever) to be car poor. Cars are depreciating assets. You don't tie up everything you have in something like a car. Wait until you've saved up some money and can actually afford what you want.

Respectfully, that's just my $.02,
-Eric
haha true, that is for messing around. i do work part time, and i do have income from overseas. so payment isn't gonna be a problem.

it is just how i would make the deals as good as i can, so i can let my family know.

i wasn't even think a CLA, the new 2014 Mazda3 was what i wanted, but since family preferences, there comes a CLA and 320 options. haha

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I am planning on to go to the Penske Mercedes, i have a friend that just bought a 2014 E-Class from with a good deal i suppose. If she takes me with her, would that be a referral in this case?

I know my APR won't be in a good numbers because my credit score is not too high. but my down payments would be at least 10k or 15k i think.

38K not bad? lol i was hoping 36k or even 35k at best. maybe im high
There are two Penske MB dealers near me -- both within about 15 miles of where I live. They're not currently offering ANY discounts on the CLA. What Penske does in CT might not be indicative of what they'll do in CA but its worth noting that I also live in an area with a large number of MB dealers so there's a lot of competition.

Also, how a dealer negotiates a price on an E Class has no bearing on what they'll do on another model -- especially one that hasn't even officially the market yet. The only thing we can all safely assume is that eventually dealers will routinely discount the CLA...especially when the manufacturer starts offering discounts to dealers to incentivize sales. Right now, however, absent leverage there isn't a compelling reason for them to offer deep discounts like they might on another model.

-Eric

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i am talking by like maybe December time, or even longer. My expierence with luxury cars or higher priced cars is that the price usually stabilizes after a few months, although the new Lexus IS seems to be having great deals already, could be that Lexus really wants the car to get out in circulation. The dealership experiences we have had at both dealers (i had personal experience with House of Imports, my father did with Keyes) was wonderful, and both of their pricing was great. When you are ready to buy, let me know; i can put you in touch with someone over at House of Imports (hopefully he is still a salesman there lol). I am also really excited by this car as well. Problem is, next spring you have the Audi A3 and BMW 2 series coming out, so its going to be a real dogfight in this segment.
Oh nice, i appreciated, i'll let you know if i need the information of the dealers.
Audi A3 and 2 series are nice, but i think CLA has better looking. haha

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There are two Penske MB dealers near me -- both within about 15 miles of where I live. They're not currently offering ANY discounts on the CLA. What Penske does in CT might not be indicative of what they'll do in CA but its worth noting that I also live in an area with a large number of MB dealers so there's a lot of competition.

Also, how a dealer negotiates a price on an E Class has no bearing on what they'll do on another model -- especially one that hasn't even officially the market yet. The only thing we can all safely assume is that eventually dealers will routinely discount the CLA...especially when the manufacturer starts offering discounts to dealers to incentivize sales. Right now, however, absent leverage there isn't a compelling reason for them to offer deep discounts like they might on another model.

-Eric
Yup, i can totally understand that. just like cisternachyli said, maybe i should wait a little.

oh and one more thing, how would you guys compare a 320 with CLA?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
The CLA is more of a styling statement than the 3 but the 320 is more car, IMHO. It depends on what you're looking for.

It's hard to argue against the industry benchmark. That said, I was ready to love the 335xi M Sport. I didn't but for reasons that most buyers would ignore. To me, the interior was a let down against the Audi S4 and the car, overall, felt bloated compared to earlier generations of 3 series that I've driven and my family has owned. I just didn't love it. It has an awesome engine and would be a phenomenal car to own but I didn't do a double take when I walked away from the 3 on the dealer lot. I walked back to my Volvo and thought "on to the Audi dealer..." without ever checking my rear view.

The CLA doesn't have the 3's handling skills nor was it designed to compete with the 3. It was designed to be a more economical entry that competes with the 1 series so everything SHOULD be a step down in terms of content and material. So, which is the better car? The 3. Does that mean you should buy it over the CLA? NO. :) Buy the car YOU like the most -- the one that you will look forward to seeing every day, the one that tugs at your heart strings, the one that you makes you do a double take. Don't worry about what any journalist tells you about a car's handling, etc. It's all useful information in the grand scheme of life but whether or not it's meaningful for your needs is what you need to figure out. :)

Best of luck in your decision!

-Eric

·
Registered
288 Posts
Oh nice, i appreciated, i'll let you know if i need the information of the dealers.
Audi A3 and 2 series are nice, but i think CLA has better looking. haha
One thing that has me sort of holding out until the A3 gets here is the tech stuff; Audi is really gonna have some top flight infotainment on offer in the A3. Also, some things bug me about the CLA, such as no KEYLESS-GO, paying extra for a pano sunroof, and no active blind spot and lane keeping assist features (only passive versions). But i think the CLA will probably be able to be had for a better price; i know how pricey Audis can get with all the toys.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts