Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had any trouble with putting in there order with these two packages

My dealer called me the other day and he said getting the NIght Styling package and 19 in rims black spoked will not go through

he tried to configer the car with these two things and it would let him do it.

He is going to make some calls and get back to me but it is just plan stupid if it doesnt go through. i want both of these things with my car and will feel like i have been shorted if i dont get ithem both.

i am paying for a 60 thousand dollar car i want it the way i want it

·
Registered
295 Posts
19 inch rims are not on the option list here in Europe, but the night styling is.
This should not be a problem at all.

And I fully agree.. when you buy a 60000 dollar car, it should be your choosen car.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Here in Canada... Exterior Carbon package and 19" can't be enter in as well for the order.. I guess we will have to wait.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anybody else face this. what to do? anybody trying to put these two packages together??????? ANYBODY???? feel like i am on an island with no help

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I wonder if it's because the package is delayed until Jan 2014 that it's creating a problem in the system or maybe because the package comes with the (B58) center cap if you've got the standard 18" wheel. Maybe the package wasn't keyed in properly and the system thinks the B58 cap is mandatory; which is inconsistent with the 19" rim. Just out of curiosity, will the system allow them to configure it with the 19" silver wheel? I'm sure it's something they can work out but it's frustrating nonetheless; especially since you want to opt in early. Good luck working it out. Let us know what they tell you the problem is -- I'm sure you aren't or won't be the only person who encounters this issue.

-Eric

·
Registered
110 Posts
I believe the Night Package is delayed until January 2014 in the States.
You should be able to get the 19" wheels in the suspension package.
The whole ordering game is somewhat of a frustration as they roll things out and decide who gets what and when.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I am in northern California and my dealer, which is an "AMG Center", said MB still hasn't opened the CLA order process
let alone the CLA45. I have placed deposit since April for a CLA45 and I have seen all the option list from the dealer but the prices
are not established. As a matter of fact, most option prices may be on the rise from original estimates.
Was told instead of standard sport suspension on all cars, they may give base car the same non sport suspension people get
in Europe for superior ride quality and leave the sport suspension in the sport package.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I am in northern California and my dealer, which is an "AMG Center", said MB still hasn't opened the CLA order process
let alone the CLA45. I have placed deposit since April for a CLA45 and I have seen all the option list from the dealer but the prices
are not established. As a matter of fact, most option prices may be on the rise from original estimates.
Was told instead of standard sport suspension on all cars, they may give base car the same non sport suspension people get
in Europe for superior ride quality and leave the sport suspension in the sport package.
Have you seen the CLA45 ordering guide? Are you suggesting that those figures are wrong based on what you're hearing?

-Eric

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
My dealer insists that the prices on the guide is not the official USA Mercedes version although they may be close.
The prices in the guide is across the board higher than originally estimated based on similar packages in 2013 C-class ( of course the CLA is 2014.)
I am somewhat discouraged by the length of the option list. I am trying to keep the CLA45 priced in the lower $50K but that's not remotely possible
without giving up the Recaro Sport seats. My current order would be Mountain Grey +720; sunroof +1480; red caliper +300, exhaust +450; steering wheel +500 ?
heated seats +580; blind spot alert +550; Becker GPS adapter +250; Zenon- LED Daytime running lights +950 = $54155.
Each dealer gets one to two CLA45 a month, hence no chance for discount. At least Mercedes strongly discourages mark up pricing from their dealers.
Some dealer may demo a car, then sell it a month later as used car with a $10000 mark up.
My problem is trying to stay reasonably away from a late C-63 AMG Couple which can be had in the $60k and four door in the $45-55k range.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm in California as well, Bay Area, as soon as my Mustang sells I plan to go down to the MB dealer in Fremont and get the ball rolling. I'll have to see what they have to say.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wonder if it's because the package is delayed until Jan 2014 that it's creating a problem in the system or maybe because the package comes with the (B58) center cap if you've got the standard 18" wheel. Maybe the package wasn't keyed in properly and the system thinks the B58 cap is mandatory; which is inconsistent with the 19" rim. Just out of curiosity, will the system allow them to configure it with the 19" silver wheel? I'm sure it's something they can work out but it's frustrating nonetheless; especially since you want to opt in early. Good luck working it out. Let us know what they tell you the problem is -- I'm sure you aren't or won't be the only person who encounters this issue.

-Eric

eric i think you are exactly right. i am going to talk to my dealer today he was in germany last week at AMG and headqauters. hope to get an answer and have everything go through the way i want. i think it has to do with the B58 cap that comes in the night package

1 - 14 of 14 Posts