Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased some rims and tires.

I thought they would fit but they do not. Tires rub when I turn (only put one on and turned with it on jack)

I need some assistance on how I can make these work. Is there a way I can lift it a little bit to make them fit better?

Any suggestions :) Pics below.

Thanks in advance.

9637C0DF-9B7E-4EC7-83F9-80EE72B96E58.jpeg
72C50EB3-9AD1-4380-89C2-BAA3F1B0303A.jpeg
94D4B619-820F-4ADB-B536-C1EC5F535BF1.jpeg

·
Registered
326 Posts
So I recently purchased some rims and tires.

I thought they would fit but they do not. Tires rub when I turn (only put one on and turned with it on jack)

I need some assistance on how I can make these work. Is there a way I can lift it a little bit to make them fit better?

Any suggestions :) Pics below.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 61576
View attachment 61578
View attachment 61580
You probably picked the wrong offset for the wheels, i am not sure if there is any solution unless you get it exhange

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like the saying measure twice, cut once.

No way to make that work, Off set if off significantly & no correction to 'push them back'

·
Registered
6 Posts
the other thing is you need a lower profile tire. I run Pirelli P Zero Nero 245/30ZR/20 on mine with no rubbing issue (36 offset)....and that's with HR Sport springs as well

·
Registered
104 Posts
Those offsets are completely wrong, it's not even close. If it were sticking out just a few mm's, then you could maybe stretch the tire a little and add some negative camber.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The dimensions on those wheels aren't anywhere near what they need to be to fit your car. The CLA250 can probably handle 20" wheels (the CLA45 has 19" optional), but it'll have to be with a much thinner tires, and the wheels you order need to have a dramatically different offset than the ones you bought. Offset is the measurement of how far the wheel mounting surface differs from the inner wheel surface ... different combinations of offset and wheel width will notably change how far the wheels "stick out" from the car.

As you can probably tell, the wheel/tire combo you have here isn't drivable, nor is it safe (or legal).

Now if the offset was off in the other direction there'd at least be a possible fix of using wheel spacers (at least temporarily), but as it sits there's no way to fix this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the other thing is you need a lower profile tire. I run Pirelli P Zero Nero 245/30ZR/20 on mine with no rubbing issue (36 offset)....and that's with HR Sport springs as well
Hi! Can i use 245/45r19 on cla250 2014? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have 19” you should have a 35 profile tire to avoid rubbing issues. I’m pretty sure 45 profile isn’t low-pro enough

1 - 10 of 10 Posts