Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about the production dates being assigned to those of us who've pre-ordered a CLA45 in the states.

My dealership has one CLA45 order ahead of mine with a scheduled production start date of 10/30/13.
Mine being the 2nd in line has a scheduled production start date on 11/01/13.

I inquired about the estimated delivery date and will get back once I hear back from my rep.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My dealership, MB Manhattan, is getting their first CLA45 in the September/October time frame.
I was 2nd or 3rd in line to get the CLA45, but I ended up pushing it back a bit further, early December delivery, because I didn't want to overlap the lease of my current car and the financing of the CLA45.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Funny the gentleman that posted the survey on this site last week emailed me and said he has a confirmed CLA45 in production August 15 and will be
at their Thousand Oak dealership late September. This is the same timeline as yours from MB Manhattan. So really when are the CLA45 coming ?
May be these are cars the dealership can display but cannot sell or be test driven.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Actually, they might be available for sale.
My dealer offered me the option to purchase that first CLA45 they are receiving (if I wanted to be the very first one in NYC), but it doesn't have all the packages, colors, and options I want.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i am 1st in line in MB manhattan. With the way that i ordered the car i think mine is coming in in Dec. It's ok. For a 60 thousand dollar car i want it the way i want it and it's worth the wait

·
Registered
33 Posts
@ernster, does your order include the night package?
I was thinking about ordering that as well, but I'm sticking with the night black exterior, so the night package isn't much of a valued addon.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I was thinking about ordering that as well, but I'm sticking with the night black exterior, so the night package isn't much of a valued addon.
Actually, that's not necessarily true. The trim on the front spoiler, rocker panels and around the windows on your CLA45 would be matte grey -- not body color. If you want a blacked out look you will need to opt for the night package or consider having those trim pieces painted. Otherwise, there will be grey contrasts on the car that will likely be quite noticeable on a black exterior. The AMG sport pkg for the CLA250 and the 45's body kit are similar but they are not exactly the same.

Take a look at this Jupiter Red CLA45 picture with standard trim for an illustration of what I'm talking about:

-Eric

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I took the picture below off of the Mercedes AMG website -- black with black rims like you described. Unfortunately, they don't currently offer a way to configure the car with the Night Package -- at least as far as I can tell.

Take a look at the site. It doesn't allow much flexibility but it's still a neat feature.

Mercedes-AMG: CLA 45 AMG

-Eric

·
Registered
312 Posts
The night black paint with the night package and the black rims is the way to go. It's called "murdered out".

·
Registered
278 Posts
fusionist, the best way to go is the night black, P1, Pano and dont forget the xenons.
xenons play a vital role in this car, because the xenons include the upgraded Fiber Optic LED Lights. cla45.jpg

·
Registered
278 Posts
fusionist, the best way to go is the night black, P1, Pano and dont forget the xenons.
xenons play a vital role in this car, because the xenons include the upgraded Fiber Optic LED Lights. cla45.jpg

·
Registered
278 Posts
well if i am not impressed with the 250 i'll trade it in the for the C45 In December.. if i get the C45 i would only get white or n ight black... the Diamond grille is only offered ont he CLA 250 Sport Package otherwise you get the regular grille without the sport package.

I didnt want to get the sport package because i don't want to destroy the car with potholes and beat up roads. i would just end up at the body shop every other day. yaa diggg???

·
Registered
103 Posts
[the murdered look on this car would look great. but i have a black Jeep, almost murdered out and its always dirty. i dont have the time to wash every day and wax all the time. black is way to hard to keep good.
Black is out in my book. any other color

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts