Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are interested in saving $405 to $525 towards your CLA purchase, you may be interested in applying for a MB America Express card. They offer 2 cards: one gives you a $500 certificate (minus $95 membership fee) and the other gives your a $1000 certificate (minus $475 membership fee). The cert is Besides the certificate, there are other perks, too. I applied for the first one and already got the $500 certificate. I will use it when I take ownership of a CLA in couple weeks.

https://www.mbfs.com/mbfsr/en/misc/creditCard.do

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
If you are interested in saving $405 to $525 towards your CLA purchase, you may be interested in applying for a MB America Express card. They offer 2 cards: one gives you a $500 certificate (minus $95 membership fee) and the other gives your a $1000 certificate (minus $475 membership fee). The cert is Besides the certificate, there are other perks, too. I applied for the first one and already got the $500 certificate. I will use it when I take ownership of a CLA in couple weeks.

https://www.mbfs.com/mbfsr/en/misc/creditCard.do
I posted about this in another thread but appreciate you posting it separately anyway. The one point I'd add, however, is that you need to read the fine print. MB does not allow for you to combine this discount with other discounts (e.g., fleet). So, if you already qualify for a $1K fleet discount through your company, professional organization, etc. then the discount will not be of any value to you since it cannot be compounded.

-Eric

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is this worth?
It definitely works. It's just a matter of whether you want to save about $400 with some effort. Not too difficult though. To some, it may not worth it. Also, if you are not 100% sure about getting a Mercedes car, the cert is worthless.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
is this worth?
It's an American Express card. If you plan on charging $5K in purchases before you buy/lease your MB and don't otherwise qualify for a discount from MB (e.g., fleet, a MB discount certificate you received after attending a car show, etc.) then it's certainly worth looking into. The basic card cost $95. If you qualify for and prefer a platinum card then it will cost you $495. Do the math. :)

-Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts