Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CLA 45 AMG
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've been reading a lot of stuff on this forum since buying my CLA45 AMG, but I now have questions of my own I can't find answers too. So I am looking to start doing some performance mods to my car, but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what I need. I just bought the weistec blow off valve, and I really wanted to buy a catless downpipe, but I'm seeing you need a tune for them because they have so much more airflow, the car wouldn't run well without a tune. Nowhere around me is capable of tuning, so i have been looking at all the ones available online, like the eurocharged, ams, amr, weistec and such. The AMR tune seems to be the best for the money, all the other companies for the most part are $1000 for the tune, plus you need the programmer. The AMR tune is $1500, comes with the programmer, and 6 different maps, and claims to make more horsepower than all the other tunes. But my real question is, how do i know which of these tunes will work with the catless downpipe correctly? I think all of these tunes are made off of stock cars, so with my bov, and the catless downpipe, and intake i plan to buy, i want to make sure the car will be running right, is the only option a completely custom tune done by a shop?

·
Registered
2 Posts
From what I have previously read, these tunes are off the shelf tunes which does not require sending your ECU in for tuning. Think of it as a one size fits all vs custom tailed unit, so from that, you would probably not get optimal calibration for added modifications, but should work nonetheless.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Yup
Under load on a dyno and some patience
Can squeeze quite a few more ponies out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts