Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a bit of time to head over to my local dealer to check out the new arrival of the CLA250 to clear my head after studying 8 hours straight.

Needless to say, I pulled up and saw 4 of them in the lot, all sans sport package. To my surprise, the stock exterior didn't look that bad. The car looks very elegant and is actually larger than the C300, of which my brother has.

I'm sure the exterior would have made me drool more if it was a sport package, but it was nice nonetheless. The xenon headlamps were dead sexy, too bad I couldn't see them on at night.

Interior: first impression, small. I'm 5 ft 11" and when I first sat in it was small. After adjusting the seat to my liking, it didn't feel so small. This one had the pano roof also so that helped. Hopefully sans pano roof it won't be too had.

The small bump in the very front of the car's roof is what made it seem small. Mostly the location where the interior lamps and pano controls are.

Other than that, the car had both P1 and MM packages. Interior quality coming from a 2012 Evolution was great! MB Tex feels very nice and the black looked amazing. I really liked the interior.

Back seats, crowded. I fit comfortably, but with the large front seats, you really can't see anything in front of you.

Rear view is abysmal. A little less than my Evolution since it has a big wing in the back. Hoping this isn't a huge deal since I didn't get to reverse into a spot.

Drive: so smooth! All of these people complaining about stiffness of the car must have fancy bottoms :p. Was very smooth for me. The steering wheel gets a firmer feel when going past 20 mph. On parking lot speeds the steering is very very light. Felt strange, but cool.

Eco mode was on at first, and the gear change from 1 to 2 was a bit delayed, but afterward it smoothed out. Sport mode was great and responsive. Shifter paddles were fun to use. A very minor delay in shifting I felt, but nothing bad.

I didn't feel like the blind spots were bad or field of view was bad compared to any other cars I've driven. Once I settled in to the settings I liked, the car was very comfortable to drive.

Power: well again coming from an Evolution with 300 hp to the wheels, this car was obviously slower, but had a nice kick to it when you needed the power. I enjoyed the power actually, and the engine/exhaust note was much throatier than I thought it would be.

Overall, I'm going to be looking forward to when mine arrives in November. Hopefully things go well I get to sell my car for a good trade in price.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The evolution is a great car, but it consumes gas like crazy. That and the recent rumors stating Mitsubishi will be leaving the US makes me uncomfortable owning one.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
The evolution is a great car, but it consumes gas like crazy. That and the recent rumors stating Mitsubishi will be leaving the US makes me uncomfortable owning one.
The gas mileage I get but I wouldn't worry too much about them leaving the market at this point. If you were in the market looking to buy one I would possibly caution you but you've already taken the hit. Even if they do exit the market parts and service will continue to be available. Mitsubishi as a company isn't going anywhere. They're not going to completely screw over owners. It would destroy their reputation and even if they opt to discontinue car sales here they still want to sell electronics.

-Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts