Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help out would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2017 cla250. The fan runs when I use the scanner to test it. But it won’t run when reaching hot temperatures. It won’t run when the defrost or temp blower is running or with A/c. I’m not getting any coolant temp codes or faulty fan codes.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
...The fan runs when I use the scanner to test it....
Welcome to the CLA Forum Ed :)
We'll see if the members can give you some clues...When you conducted your scan, what were the codes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can turn the fan on with the XENTRY program so I have power going to the fan no problem. It just run on it’s on , won’t kick on with temperature or when turning on the defroster or a/c

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Or check the temp sensor?
If you can activate in xentry then it may be the sensor circuit not triggering

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can turn the fan on with the XENTRY programie so I have power going to the fan no problem. It just run on it’s on , won’t kick on with temperature or when turning on the defroster or a/c
Hello you solved problem Becouse i have the same isue :/

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Or check the temp sensor?
If you can activate in xentry then it may be the sensor circuit not triggering
I agree, it's potentially the temp sensor, as power is still going to the fan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any help out would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2017 cla250. The fan runs when I use the scanner to test it. But it won’t run when reaching hot temperatures. It won’t run when the defrost or temp blower is running or with A/c. I’m not getting any coolant temp codes or faulty fan codes.
Can you activate both slow and high speed fans on scanner sounds like skow speed fan bit working

1 - 11 of 11 Posts