Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2020 (70 Plate) CLA 180 Shooting Brake Premium Plus
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes, it's extremely annoying! Yes, have a rattle on the front passenger door card and also somewhere near the far right blower

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, it's extremely annoying! Yes, have a rattle on the front passenger door card and also somewhere near the far right blower
Jesus I don’t believe it, I had rattle on front passenger door card as well and found when I pressed on card near where the door latch is it stopped the noise after a lot of mucking around I put some felt in between the door card by prising it back and that stopped the noise as it must be the door card hitting the metal which Im glad I found as that’s all the dealer would do, but also take the door card off which would probably cause other issues. Near the blower mine was more a clicking noise but I banged that with my hand and it stoped, this can’t be coincidence it must be the cars that have these issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Mine rattles at the rear of the door card, nearest where it opens. Exactly the same, if I press on it just a little bit, it stops. How do your remove the leather door card? Was too scared to try myself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine rattles at the rear of the door card, nearest where it opens. Exactly the same, if I press on it just a little bit, it stops. How do your remove the leather door card? Was too scared to try myself.
I didnt take the door card off I just pulled it back slightly the felt trim is 2mm thick I get some photos tomorrow and send them to you of what I done. The tape you get off eBay for about £4 which I also send you photo of that. Such an easy fix and at least you be more carefull than the dealer doing it. If I knew how to get the seat belt off I would do that myself, but I haven’t a clue and where the cars are new shapes there is no videos to show you. When you say rear you mean front passenger door as that’s where mine was but where the latch is what the door shuts on is roughly where mine was.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I didnt take the door card off I just pulled it back slightly the felt trim is 2mm thick I get some photos tomorrow and send them to you of what I done. The tape you get off eBay for about £4 which I also send you photo of that. Such an easy fix and at least you be more carefull than the dealer doing it. If I knew how to get the seat belt off I would do that myself, but I haven’t a clue and where the cars are new shapes there is no videos to show you. When you say rear you mean front passenger door as that’s where mine was but where the latch is what the door shuts on is roughly where mine was.
Brilliant. Thanks! Yes, mine is actually the leather part, as soon as I press a finger into leather, the rattle stops

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
A tiny (tiny) drop of high temp silicone oil at contact / rub points does wonders

·
Registered
38 Posts
Brilliant. Thanks! Yes, mine is actually the leather part, as soon as I press a finger into leather, the rattle stops
So if you look at first picture this is the places I touch which stopped rattle

second picture is where I put the felt tape which I just pulled door back slightly with a flat plastic door tool or you can use a flat head screwdriver just put a bit of tape around it to save marking or scratching the door

3rd picture is tape I used if you want to do this yourself I send you over the eBay number for it. The tape don’t need sticking as obviously when you slide tape in when you take pressure of door by removing flat head it holds tape in place. I put tape from top to bottom just before the plastic curves. Tape is thin.

4th pic is where I put the tape so where green tape is where I started and where tape ends is where I put tape to and this solved it. As said the dealer would take the door card of and only do this sort of thing and they won’t take the care and probably break clips on the way and damage the door where as if you do it, the door card will stay on. The tape you can’t see as you push it in just enough not to see it and it’s black like door card.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So if you look at first picture this is the places I touch which stopped rattle

second picture is where I put the felt tape which I just pulled door back slightly with a flat plastic door tool or you can use a flat head screwdriver just put a bit of tape around it to save marking or scratching the door

3rd picture is tape I used if you want to do this yourself I send you over the eBay number for it. The tape don’t need sticking as obviously when you slide tape in when you take pressure of door by removing flat head it holds tape in place. I put tape from top to bottom just before the plastic curves. Tape is thin.

4th pic is where I put the tape so where green tape is where I started and where tape ends is where I put tape to and this solved it. As said the dealer would take the door card of and only do this sort of thing and they won’t take the care and probably break clips on the way and damage the door where as if you do it, the door card will stay on. The tape you can’t see as you push it in just enough not to see it and it’s black like door card.
Great. Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Just had mine back. They couldn’t actually tell me what they did about b pillar. It’s still there, but much quieter than it was. They seem to have fixed the dash rattle (by the vent and the door), but the door card rattle on passenger side is still there, not as bad and less frequent, but can still hear it. Where did you buy your felt tape?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just had mine back. They couldn’t actually tell me what they did about b pillar. It’s still there, but much quieter than it was. They seem to have fixed the dash rattle (by the vent and the door), but the door card rattle on passenger side is still there, not as bad and less frequent, but can still hear it. Where did you buy your felt tape?
Hi type this number into eBay 271463379861
As you know I sent you pictures on what to do but that’s assuming you are getting it from where I pointed it out on pic. The b pillar are you going to be happy with it still being there, I’m sure they should be telling you what they are doing to your car as I assume they would of had to take all the door rubbers off to take b pillar casing off? This is the problem they only seem to do half a job.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
It is a bit of a chore to (properly) remove the b pillar trim, an example is for replacement or to sound deaden

·
Registered
38 Posts
It is a bit of a chore to (properly) remove the b pillar trim, an example is for replacement or to sound deaden
I wouldn’t say having deaden is acceptable when you just paid thousands for a new vehicle they should be able to sort the issue and not just bodge it. The casing what the b pillar is behind is not hard to take of you remove door seals and the cover is held in by clips. This is why I asked what they done as surely they must of removed it to look where it could be coming from?

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Yeah I suppose for noise tracing they can avoid removing the belt anchor

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi type this number into eBay 271463379861
As you know I sent you pictures on what to do but that’s assuming you are getting it from where I pointed it out on pic. The b pillar are you going to be happy with it still being there, I’m sure they should be telling you what they are doing to your car as I assume they would of had to take all the door rubbers off to take b pillar casing off? This is the problem they only seem to do half a job.
Hi Olly,

Have you sorted foot and what are you doing about b pillar, are you going to book it back in again?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I’ve booked it back in a second time today, so see if gets fixed this time. Not holding my breath

21 - 40 of 53 Posts