Mercedes CLA Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’ve booked it back in a second time today, so see if gets fixed this time. Not holding my breath
Okay is that for the b pillar or door card or both? Keep us posted please as Can’t resolve the b pillar issue in mine and it’s driving me mad. Be interesting to know what they done to your b pillar to even make it quieter?

·
Registered
2020 (70 Plate) CLA 180 Shooting Brake Premium Plus
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
They haven’t actually told me. They just call me and say they’ve resolved the issue. Like I said, not holding my breath

·
Registered
38 Posts
They haven’t actually told me. They just call me and say they’ve resolved the issue. Like I said, not holding my breath
Ok thanks, let us know how you get on, they probably don’t like telling us what they do as we probably be mortified by what they are doing by ripping our cars apart.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok thanks, let us know how you get on, they probably don’t like telling us what they do as we probably be mortified by what they are doing by ripping our cars apart.
Hi Olly, have they resolved the b pillar rattle as i know you said it was booked in again. Mine still not sorted think I’m going to have a go and look at it myself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
No, they didn’t fix it and it has now gone back for a third time. I am again bot holding my breath. They don’t seem to ever resolve these issues. So frustrating

·
Registered
38 Posts
No, they didn’t fix it and it has now gone back for a third time. I am again bot holding my breath. They don’t seem to ever resolve these issues. So frustrating
Yeh I know, I just don’t understand how they think they have fixed the issue and when you collect you can clearly hear it. It’s not that, when you still hear it you then you have to book it in again and it takes ages before they can have it in. Have you sorted door card yet? I think I let them look one last time on mine and then I’m going to do it myself for the b pillar. Last thing we want is them just putting some sound dead material in as this just masks the problem and for 40k cars it not acceptable!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Totally. They’ve had it this third time for 11 days now. I am hopefully getting back tomorrow. They say they’ve done carious a and b pillar things and ordered and fitted new a and b pillar covers. If it still does after this then I give up! I’ve asked them to do some sort if report on what they’ve done exactly! Typically, I now have an ear infection in my ear on the side where the worst door card rattle was, so will not be able to tell for that one. Thankfully my ear on the driver side is ok, and I will be able to hear the seatbelt issue no problem, if not fixed

·
Registered
38 Posts
Totally. They’ve had it this third time for 11 days now. I am hopefully getting back tomorrow. They say they’ve done carious a and b pillar things and ordered and fitted new a and b pillar covers. If it still does after this then I give up! I’ve asked them to do some sort if report on what they’ve done exactly! Typically, I now have an ear infection in my ear on the side where the worst door card rattle was, so will not be able to tell for that one. Thankfully my ear on the driver side is ok, and I will be able to hear the seatbelt issue no problem, if not fixed
Personally to me it seems it’s not a b pillar cover I reckon it’s the metal behind the b pillar cover causing the issue as it sounds metal and not plastic, let’s hope they have sorted as they clearly know what the noise is and shouldn’t be asking you to collect it if the noise is still there, not sure why they would want to change A pillar as that’s not even near where we got the noise. That's the best thing to do is have a list of what they have done and hopefully if they have resolved yours I can let my dealer know as at present they still haven’t fixed it so still don’t have a clue. The new car feeling has disappeared now for me so gutted, it’s just to think car has been pulled apart when it’s new. There is another person on here who sounds like he has the same problem as us, I see if I can add him to this chat. If mine doesn’t get solved I think it be sold and I take the loss as I think I get hammer to it if not lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Yes, add him on. There are likely loads of us. Yes, ruined the new car feeling for me, been nothing but trouble. Yes, Insaid the same thing as you, Indoubt it is a cover, as sounds metallic. I was wondering whether it’s something to do with the seatbelt system somehow

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - could anyone let me know if they got their B pillar rattle resolved? I have a 2021 CLA35 with exactly the issue described by @ollyhughes1982. It is going for the third fix next week and I wanted to know if anyone had a successful fix so that I can let my garage know. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Hi - could anyone let me know if they got their B pillar rattle resolved? I have a 2021 CLA35 with exactly the issue described by @ollyhughes1982. It is going for the third fix next week and I wanted to know if anyone had a successful fix so that I can let my garage know. Thanks
Hi. No, after about 20 trips to the dealership, both them and I gave up; they conceded they couldn’t fix it and I returned the car and got a refund. I’m currently waiting for the new C-Class to become available

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. No, after about 20 trips to the dealership, both them and I gave up; they conceded they couldn’t fix it and I returned the car and got a refund. I’m currently waiting for the new C-Class to become available
Oh dear. That was disappointing (and a huge waste of your time). I was hoping you would have found something obvious like the seat belt mechanism/ball bearing that was mentioned elsewhere on here - did they look into that? I already think three trips is enough for this not to be identified and repairs, so I am not looking forward to more than that! It does seem to be a really common complaint for there not to be a fix for it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
They looked at everything. Their last theory wasnit was something to do with the sheets of bodywork rubbing / rattling and claim they did something in that regard, but it made no difference at all.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts