Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve recently bought the CLA 180 with the intention of remapping it to a stage 1 (stage 2 if advised). After doing some research and reading some horror stories... I was wondering what other mods I’d need to do before the Re map (if any) so my car can handle the extra power?
I can give extra info on the cars spec if needed.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Stage 1 is straightforward no mods except maybe a higher flow air filter element (not the oil based ones though)
The engine should handle 300hp/320tq as demonstrated by turbokits’ upgrades

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 1.6L engine, CLA 180, can handle up to 300bhp?! Surly that would be too much for the stock exhaust system?

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Oh sorry thats for the 2litre
Though the basic design is similar with same bore size just different stroke range
So my guess is a variant crank etc though a p/n check will clarify
Can probably tune your de16 towards >180hp with ecu maps and exhaust line updates
Stock stage1 tunes already achieve that iirc

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a quote already to take it from 122 to 185bhp and adding over a 100 torque which I’m very happy with (y)Thinking about looking into a cold air intake?

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
For the m270 the intake track is fine
The danger with a cai is water incursion
Some dudes c63 even with stock intake got killed by a tire splash in heavy rain

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That solves that then! I won’t bother. Thank you. The last thing I’ve been thinking about is sound... wanted that nicer rumble without it being too loud. A few people have suggested a “muffler delete”? Is that the best way to go without spending a small fortune?

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Muffler or/and resonator ... tried by several members with varying results ... resonances etc
Twin cam turbo plenty noisy as is especially at wot
But just for kicks disconnect the muffler to test before lopping it off?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Muffler or/and resonator ... tried by several members with varying results ... resonances etc
Twin cam turbo plenty noisy as is especially at wot
But just for kicks disconnect the muffler to test before lopping it off?
I’ll give it a try. Thank you for your help 🤝

1 - 9 of 9 Posts