Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just test drove the CLA with the sports package and the premium package and i noticed there was no rear armrest or cupholders, does anyone know if these dont come with the car?

·
Registered
276 Posts
so i just test drove the CLA with the sports package and the premium package and i noticed there was no rear armrest or cupholders, does anyone know if these dont come with the car?
I noticed the same thing/no rear armrest or cup holders. Kept trying to pull in the center of the rear seat where I thought the armrest would be. It looks like something comes apart there but I didn't want to break anything.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I noticed the same thing/no rear armrest or cup holders. Kept trying to pull in the center of the rear seat where I thought the armrest would be. It looks like something comes apart there but I didn't want to break anything.
Probably a pass through. Someone on another thread said there is no arm rest or rear cup holder on US cars.
At least they have ventilation outlets in the middle.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
yup it sucks there is no rear armest and cup holder. Even though the cup holder in the video below looks like it sucks its still better than nothing and i personally like the arm rest.. oh well at least i dont have to sit back there often

·
Registered
6 Posts
Recently test drove a CLA250. I live in Ontario. the dealer has only recieved one car so far but it did have an armrst in the back seat and in it there were a couple of terrible cup holders.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I checked mbusa.com they do have couple of images shows that it supposed to have the armrest at the rear seat
2014-CLA-CLASS-COUPE-GALLERY-009-GOI-D.jpg
maybe only included in certain package ?
anybody know does it included in the Edition 1 package??

Recently test drove a CLA250. I live in Ontario. the dealer has only recieved one car so far but it did have an armrst in the back seat and in it there were a couple of terrible cup holders.
btw, which Ontario you are? California or Canada?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
None of the 4 clas at my dealer had a armrest ..not an option on the builder either

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
None of the 4 clas at my dealer had a armrest ..not an option on the builder either
Confirmed. Just got back from launch party. Nada on armrest and cup holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
42 Posts
It looks like there's something that can be pulled down at the center in the pics and in real... but sadly we tried it for couple of mins... nothing ... no arm rest in US version...

·
Registered
342 Posts
I can confirm that the even the most stripped down base Canadian CLA comes with the weird rear cup holders/arm rest. There's a price difference between the US and CDN versions though.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I can confirm that the even the most stripped down base Canadian CLA comes with the weird rear cup holders/arm rest. There's a price difference between the US and CDN versions though.
As I just posted on another thread, the rear seat cup holder base is already built into the back of the front arm rest. Looks like they withheld them for a reason. I thought may be they are too small for the American "Super size" cups or too flimsy to carry the weight of the larger, heavier cups. Are there fast food restaurants in Canada ???
Joking aside, the rear seat center armrest / ski pass through opening has also been stamped into the seat back in US cars but they, for some reason, elected to withhold it. Can't just be for cost. It actually costs more to create another specification and complicate production. May be they are out of parts...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts