Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading about cla having rear diff problems I have a 2015 cla 4matic and it's starting making a thumping noise when going slow and round corners. I have booked it into mercedes to get it checked I have extended warranty and contacted the warranty to see if this is covered which they said it is but I'm thinking mercedes will try say it's not the diff has anyone hot evidence of these problems as I read the rear diff only last 50 thousand miles mines has done 51 thousand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So car is in mercedes asked them to unplug it they said that's the last option they said it's my exhaust rubbers. But told them only new exhaust rubbers on it few weeks back which they replaced. So they are now taking it another road test see if they can hear the noise again has anyone got any evidence of this rear diff problem

Thanks paul

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Hmmm
Exhaust hanger points causing the thumps?
I mean the undercarriage has all sorts of rattle points but geewhiz the exhaust?
Well hope they track it down either way

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update so mercedes said the noise is away after replacing the exhaust hangers went up today took the car a road test noise still there. So now they are saying they need to do 2 oil flushes of the rear diff and road test again at the cost to me of 800 quid.if noise still there that warranty will replace the diff but will put my bill up too 1000 quid as need to pay for the new oil as oil isn't covered under warranty. Asked them to unplug rear wheel solenoid that will diagnose the fault they said they have to do it this way as unplugging the solenoid will void the warranty even after I showed them a bulletin mercedes sent out explaining to do the diagnosis this way with the solenoid.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Gosh any more responsive dealers around you?
Thats why they have service bulletins geewhiz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts