Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gurus,

Has anyone had a rear differential issue before and repaired it instead of just replacing it? My 2014 AmG 45 is creating this howling sound when at certain speed range. Most likely the Pinion bearings are the culprit. So am now contemplating if replacement or repair is a better option. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
consider a fluid change first? that seemed to have worked for some
this rear diff is a nontrivial electromechanical gadget and the parts shops only sell recon units now

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
consider a fluid change first? that seemed to have worked for some
this rear diff is a nontrivial electromechanical gadget and the parts shops only sell recon units now
thanks, tried the fluid changed but does not work. will try to disconnect the connector to the rear differential to verify its the rear differential pinion gear issue before changing the rear differential.

·
Registered
30 Posts
thanks, tried the fluid changed but does not work. will try to disconnect the connector to the rear differential to verify its the rear differential pinion gear issue before changing the rear differential.
Hi,
I have a problem with my CLA 250 model 2014, 4Matic, and I have described the problem I have faced in my previous posts regarding the rear differential noise.
Actually, after disconnecting the Solenoid rear differential I was sure the problem is from that part.
My Mercedes( independent Engineer) recommend an additive to the rear differential in order to eliminate the noise as per some customers who have tried this additive and it works very well.
I just applied the additive and waiting to run the car about 100km trip to find out if the issue will be solved or any other problems will occur :) :)
I'll keep you posted and wish me a good luck 🤞

1 - 5 of 5 Posts