Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The sad thing is in my area independent shops that will work on MBs (at a reasonable price/give decent service) are far and few between in my area. So I do all my own work. Always have even on domestic vehicles. I hate that I ever let the dealership do the maintenance on this car for the first 4 yrs. i could’ve saved a bunch of money and got way better service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
I hate that I ever let the dealership do the maintenance on this car for the first 4 yrs. i could’ve saved a bunch of money and got way better service!
Yeah ... tallying up oil filter gumout techron enzyme tire wiper etc etc purchases related to maintenance thats less than $1k
But of course all the little mods upgrades gadgets rims etc etc thats >$10k

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
Any body find a way to rebuild this unit yet?
if it were pinion and ring gear yeah maybe ... though with that control actuated multidisc pack and so forth might just be too tough a cookie to crack
that said ... if one comes cheap from say a parted out front collision car then it might be an educational teardown and rebuild ... barring any one way internal part subassemblies

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Shouldn’t be any harder/complicated than rebuilding an auto trans! It’s just finding the parts. If I could find a source I’d absolutely tear into this thing.
Looking for a junk yard replacement is a good idea, then I could tear into the one I have that is bad. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone know where the rear differential solenoid is? I want to disconnect it and see if that fixes my issue. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
245 Posts
...easiest fix is to stop driving with your mother-in-law in the back seat, problem should be solved.... (sorry I had to do it).

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
my guess is look for a harness connection at the back end ..... cuz control signals have to get the electromechanics right?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts