Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a photo of the CLA rear spoiler? Although it's listed as an option, I haven't seen one in any photo.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We have heard it is getting one, as soon as we get them I'll post a photo of it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I may be in the minority, but the CLA trunk decklid looks very aero & spoiler-like as'is to me! Almost seems like adding a lip-spoiler would disrupt the flow & confluence of the design.

Though, if going w/ the Sports Package (AMG front & rear bumper-covers) & an after-market roof spoiler, a low-profile trunk decklid lip-spoiler definitely add to the look.

·
Registered
515 Posts
he he he... funny story short... my uncle said to me the cars needs a pair of Wings to give it the old Cadillac look of the 60's (not lip spoiler but wings/fins on each left/right panel that meets trunk spoler) ...

in the 50-60's a car was built like a car should be!
-------
-------------
cars with wings were popular then and with lots of chrome...
------

Mercedes-Benz_CLA-class_C117_2013_600_lq_0005.jpg
can you picture the rear with Wings and or Chrome bumpers? lol
...maybe the car would fly, given top speed at 149!!!

--
ps,
almost forgot the Tri star emblem on the hood...:mblogoblack: :haha:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Don't shoot the messenger, and I love the CLA design just as much as the next guy but, you gotta admit, the whole rear end and tail lights have a trace of Toyota Solara in them. Although the Germans pull it off much better in my opinion.

302d1360186410-rear-spoiler-photo-mercedes-benz_cla-class_c117_2013_600_lq_0005.jpg imgToyota-Solara2.jpg

·
Registered
339 Posts
The Solara is just effin hideous and yeah, while the rear of the CLA is its weakest part, design-wise, it's miles better than the Toyota.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The CLA rear quarter/tail-lights have some similarity in-shape/form to the current Infiniti G37 coupe from the back & (pre-refreshed) VW CC from the side.

I'm sure if/when there will be a mid-model-cycle refresh/update for the CLA, MB will be add some diffusers & reflectors to the tail-lights to give them some depth/3D-effect & make them more jewel-like. Typical update-recipe for manufacturers, as well as MB.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just noticed this thread was started in the wrong forum. Maybe the Admin can move it to the photos/videos forum?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts