Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist would come with the rear view camera? Otherwise, I'd need to get MultiMedia and Premium packages just to get it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Parktronic is a listed option. I haven't noticed the camera on the option list. While I wouldn't bet my life on it, I would bet money that every car in the US gets the camera, and YOU get to choose the parktronic.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Parktronic is a listed option. I haven't noticed the camera on the option list. While I wouldn't bet my life on it, I would bet money that every car in the US gets the camera, and YOU get to choose the parktronic.
Wish you were right about the camera part. From what it looks like, you get the camera only with MM and premium package ... :crying:

·
Registered
294 Posts
You are correct All-abt-CLA. You must purchase BOTH the Premium Package AND the Multimedia Package to get the rear view Camera. Sorry, don't shoot the messenger! :mad:
The US Federal government has mandated that rear view cameras become a standard feature at some point, but for now in the 2014 CLA you have to pony up for the expensive packages.

On a related topic, do we have to get PARKTRONIC to get the bumper sensors that sound the "beep-beep" when backing up and approaching an object? I'm not seeing much use for the automatic parallel parking feature in PARKTRONIC, but that may be the only way to get the "beep-beep" proximity feature.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You are correct All-abt-CLA. You must purchase BOTH the Premium Package AND the Multimedia Package to get the rear view Camera. Sorry, don't shoot the messenger! :mad:
The US Federal government has mandated that rear view cameras become a standard feature at some point, but for now in the 2014 CLA you have to pony up for the expensive packages.

On a related topic, do we have to get PARKTRONIC to get the bumper sensors that sound the "beep-beep" when backing up and approaching an object? I'm not seeing much use for the automatic parallel parking feature in PARKTRONIC, but that may be the only way to get the "beep-beep" proximity feature.
Yes you need PARKTRONIC for the beeping sounds. At least that was my understanding and thus the reason I selected that option. I don't see much use for the automated parking bit either but maybe it will turn into one of those "once you have it you can't go back" features. Fast forward 10 years from now, no body will actually be parking their own cars anymore :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts