Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else noticed a red halo around the headlights on some of the close up pictures of the bi-xenon headlights? Does anyone know what that is?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Not sure if that's part of the ILP. I can't find anything on the "red halo" being included in the ILP. Actually, I can't find anything on that "red halo" anywhere. :question:
El Chorizo previously posted pics comparing the differences between the standard halogen reflector headlamps, optional Bi-Xenon HID projector headlamps w/ LED DRL, and the aforementioned w/ the Intelligent Lighting Package (which had a red band in the shroud that resembled a halo).

·
Registered
315 Posts
My mistake, but we still don't know what they do. As EL stated: "Its an upgrade, part of the Intelligent Adaptive Lighting. My guess is it may be a sensor to sense oncoming traffic (lights) so it knows when to auto-dim brights. Just a guess though."

·
Registered
730 Posts
My mistake, but we still don't know what they do. As EL stated: "Its an upgrade, part of the Intelligent Adaptive Lighting. My guess is it may be a sensor to sense oncoming traffic (lights) so it knows when to auto-dim brights. Just a guess though."
I believe that is on par w/ the functionality of the Intelligent Lighting Package. There is a nice read in the current Car & Driver issue w/ regards to such, but in the context of the S-Class & what is to come. Namely, the headlights & their capabilities (using other driver-assist electronics in the vehicle). There's a good bit online as well, "Mercedes-Benz intelligent light system" being the key search terms.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I believe that is on par w/ the functionality of the Intelligent Lighting Package. There is a nice read in the current Car & Driver issue w/ regards to such, but in the context of the S-Class & what is to come. Namely, the headlights & their capabilities (using other driver-assist electronics in the vehicle). There's a good bit online as well, "Mercedes-Benz intelligent light system" being the key search terms.
Thanks, your key search term gives a lot of information on the ILP, but nothing on the "red halo" that is present in the edition 1 pictures. If you have found some information on that, please post it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks, your key search term gives a lot of information on the ILP, but nothing on the "red halo" that is present in the edition 1 pictures. If you have found some information on that, please post it.
i think the Red Halo was a design asthetic thing. I remember it being mentioned in some press release that i saw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts