Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be possible to replace the halogen headlights in my 2017 CLA with headlight assemblies I could buy online?

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
It IS possible, but considering how much different LED is compared to halogen... I found it nearly impossible. The one bulb I had came quite close, but it had these couple lines near middle of each beam.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did it to my 2018 CLA250 4Matic, Halogen Headlamps and Taillamps to LED. Since your car is programmed for halogen so the LED assemblies are not gonna work unless you have a programmer. I have the programmer and converted my CLA to be LED-friendly. The programmer can be used as many times as possible so tell me if you want it. But you have to buy the LED assemblies urself first.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
I did it to my 2018 CLA250 4Matic, Halogen Headlamps and Taillamps to LED. Since your car is programmed for halogen so the LED assemblies are not gonna work unless you have a programmer. I have the programmer and converted my CLA to be LED-friendly. The programmer can be used as many times as possible so tell me if you want it. But you have to buy the LED assemblies urself first.
Could you please elaborate on “programmer” ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey can I contact you with some questions on the programmer to make the car LED friendly? It would be MUCH appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey can I contact you with some questions on the programmer to make the car LED friendly? It would be MUCH appreciated.
I’m sorry this is such a late reply, was busy with other stuff... if you still have questions regarding replacing halogen housing with LED assembly, feel free to ask. If you need my email, just ask

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there,
I want to change the Halogen Headlights to Full Led Headlight on CLA 180 C117. Is there a Hardware list ?
I need to know what kind of parts i need to swap the Lights
Maybe a Wiring Digramm will be better for me

·
Registered
38 Posts
No coding?

Wow ... might you still have that particular link?
Those are the links, top is headlights bottom is tailights. These are the exact same ones I have on my car and can see the exmaple above on what they look like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you for the links
Interesting its pnp no coding for the halogen base but may not be for the hids
I messaged the buyer with picture and they said they cannot guarantee it'll work for my car with HIDs but that they can still sell it to me. Halogens might have the appropriate wattage maybe to power LEDs?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts