·
Registered
12,618 Posts
Thats the cluster menu for rear brake service
Glad that still works

·
Registered
50 Posts
Me, alone in the garage, with a couple of beers, music blaring from my iPhone...sure. It's been a while since I've done a brake job on one of my cars but I've done enough in my lifetime that I can't imagine why or how they came up with $1,677 for the fronts. Amy I crazy? Should I just do it myself (all 4 corners) or save myself the hassle and just let them do it in the spring after I've put 10 more miles on the car? lol
my fronts were getting bad so i just replaced pads but it didn't help much so did pads and rotors 5k miles later on the fronts and rear. Pretty ez although without a lift it was a bit tight getting the torque wrench on the front caliper bolts, it also required an E. Torx socket that i had to order. I used brembo rotors as they looked identical and oem pads. For the rear at first i thought the pistons needed to be spun out after releasing the ebrake with the menu, but it's simpler than that and they are pressed out with a c clamp. etc. It came out perfect, i was surprised. Dude on youtube from germany has good a45 vids.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Glad it all worked for you! There are lots of resources to help if you look around. Just think how much you saved doing it yourself and knowing it was done right.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts