Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CLA 200, 2016
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can I replace auxiliary battery myself? I know where is it. I wonder only about reseting something after power off the auxiliary battery.
Should I put 12V backup during changing this small battery ?
Maybe the main battery is back uping settings during swapping old and new auxiliary battery?

CLA 200, 2016

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just changed the auxillary battery in my CLA250 and I had no issues at all. Nothing deactivated; nothing had to be reprogrammed or reset. It was super easy other than the price of the new battery. Lucky we don't need to pay a Mercedes service tech to do it.

·
Registered
CLA 200, 2016
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just changed the auxillary battery in my CLA250 and I had no issues at all. Nothing deactivated; nothing had to be reprogrammed or reset. It was super easy other than the price of the new battery. Lucky we don't need to pay a Mercedes service tech to do it.
Oh, thanks. I will try tommorow.

·
Registered
CLA 200, 2016
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: I change aux battery. It was smooth, but one problem was that one aux battery contact (+) origininally is wider and replacement aux battery Yuasa has narrower. So I wasn't sure if it will be good connected.
Thanx for help.

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
… yeah … not yet

mine is still the oem unit … on 3rd main batt but the little one still seems ok go figure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts