Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Has anyone tested performance results by replacing the OEM cat (guess 400 CPSI) with a universal high flow 200 CPSI (flowmaster, magnaflow, Etc.) ?
I suppose 200 CPSI will be the maximum allowed in order to pass the MOT.
I live in Chile, where the emissions are measured once a year, based on Euro5.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a number of aftermarket providers that have 200 CPSI cat + downpipe upgrades.

Well, thanks for your prompt answer.
Yea, I know, there are quite a few, but (1) I assume OEM piping is better quality (perhaps not so tuned, I agree), and (2), When buying a long time brand name catalytic converter, you are sure what you are buying.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, thanks for your prompt answer.
Yea, I know, there are quite a few, but (1) I assume OEM piping is better quality (perhaps not so tuned, I agree), and (2), When buying a long time brand name catalytic converter, you are sure what you are buying.
I wouldn't make the assumption that OEM is better quality. If anything maybe equal quality.
Most reputable aftermarket providers have to maintain a good reputation so my guess would be that they would want to provide the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't make the assumption that OEM is better quality. If anything maybe equal quality.
Most reputable aftermarket providers have to maintain a good reputation so my guess would be that they would want to provide the best bang for the buck.
Understood. Thanks a lot, from Chile.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought my downpipe from CKS Performance in the Uk. The quality of work is a lot better than OEM which has many restrictions in its basic design and flow. It's not until you've pulled out the stock exhaust system that you appreciate the work of the aftermarket vendors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts