Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
And it wasn't an error -- they insisted from start to finish that they were entitled to run a "soft" credit report (there is no such distinction.)
of course ... "soft credit report' my ass o_O

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
The Model Y that my daughter bought new (on line) and picked up a week ago had about 10 fit and finish issues including exterior scratches, interior pieces not aligning, various other mostly minor issues. Dropped it off same day to be fixed and it’s still there. Apparently they needed to repaint the hood as the blemishes weren’t fixable by buffing out. Perhaps this is the exception and most Tesla’s are fine but it leaves me wondering a little.
Well the fit & finish thing can be seen by the process on their production line ... like at their Fremont site.
And there are A class products and B class products ... sounds like she got the B one cuz the QC/QA was clearly poor.
Maybe it's just me but I would never plunk down $$ for something like a Y and trust an "online" process ... if I can't see and touch and evaluate before driving off, then I walk off. Don't get me wrong ... Tesla has come a L O N G way but it's still not a robotic process and human errors or misses will occur.
That said ... she paid for a NEW car ... not a quasi new car with a REPAINTED hood, come on that ain't right??

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Though I gave the nod to the CLA seats, a woman I admire pronounced the Tesla the most comfortable car in which she'd ever sat.

My two nephews, both 6'5", could barely endure short rides in the CLA back seat, but happily sit in the Tesla's.

·
Registered
2020 CLA250, White
82 Posts
While the Y is being fixed for defects and hood painting, we are driving around in a loaner Model S. The rear seating basically is not comfortable for me at all. Of course, my son-in-law (who’s been driving it) is law is very tall, so the front driver seat is far back. I find it’s cramped and the seats seem too low. Getting in and out is not much fun. Every time we stop to charge it, at least I get 30 to 45 minutes to stretch my legs.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Though I gave the nod to the CLA seats, a woman I admire pronounced the Tesla the most comfortable car in which she'd ever sat.

My two nephews, both 6'5", could barely endure short rides in the CLA back seat, but happily sit in the Tesla's.
yeah everyone i mean everyone in my circle are amazed at the comfy level of the standard front seats and the same group bitches and complains about the back
though i keep reminding them i bought a 2 seater coupe that happens to come with 2 spare doors and 2 spare seats

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
While the Y is being fixed for defects and hood painting, we are driving around in a loaner Model S. The rear seating basically is not comfortable for me at all. Of course, my son-in-law (who’s been driving it) is law is very tall, so the front driver seat is far back. I find it’s cramped and the seats seem too low. Getting in and out is not much fun. Every time we stop to charge it, at least I get 30 to 45 minutes to stretch my legs.
if you think the s is too low dont think you will like the gts (expensive go kart)
so you getting say 310mi between charges?
still about full charge in 45min?

·
Registered
2020 CLA250, White
82 Posts
if you think the s is too low dont think you will like the gts (expensive go kart)
so you getting say 310mi between charges?
still about full charge in 45min?
The loaner S has about 45k miles on it and it’s getting around 180 to 200 miles in between charges. Since we are driving the S around a lot (it’s the loaner and Tesla is paying for the recharges…), we are doing some decent trips up and down the coast between LA and San Diego. Also, son in law is heavy footed, so…. well we know what that means to battery charges. 45 mins at a “Supercharger” station just about tops it off. I noticed it’s pumping 75kW or more of juice at first then it drops off at the end of the charge.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
O I C
My test sample must have had the reeeeeally big battery then
I found any and every excuse to make passengers yell “stop doing that!” (max g) and that beat up S was just about dead around 300mi

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sorry, a few dumb questions. What do you do with a Tesla when you near the end of it's battery life? Is there any residual value left in them besides scrap value? Is it worth replacing the batteries? How does cold climate (-29 F.) and a lot of salt in the Winter affect them?

·
Registered
2020 CLA250, White
82 Posts
Sorry, a few dumb questions. What do you do with a Tesla when you near the end of it's battery life? Is there any residual value left in them besides scrap value? Is it worth replacing the batteries? How does cold climate (-29 F.) and a lot of salt in the Winter affect them?
Well you have to change all the AA batteries like you do in this Benz:

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Ever try buying a star driver to replace the battery in an iphone?
Kinda like that just a lot more complex and heavier
I presume solid state batteries may come of age when replacements are needed
Though batteries dont seem to be very green at conception/birth and later on at degradation/death
What bothers me is the total contamination impact during manufacture and disposal ... especially in some joints where they simply dump it down river ... literally
Wish i could squeeze a ntp (nuclear thermo propulsion) into my engine bay

·
Registered
2020 CLA250, White
82 Posts
Just replaced the battery in my iPhone 8 yesterday! Kit from Amazon was about $20 USD and included all tools needed. Easy job but the screws are tiny so if you have shaky hands don’t try it!

·
Registered
2020 CLA250, White
82 Posts
See? Now you can start a biz and fix old Teslas! :p
Meanwhile, back at the “Supercharging” Station with the model Y, pumping a few kW into the cells and wasting another 25 mins or so of my life…

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
now now be the “positive” end (pun intended)
you can go shopping, harass bystanders, exercise ...

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
My impression is that the Tesla Model 3 is E-Series equivalent.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts