Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Will be better than .00240 rate... standard rate on Mercedes including AMG models is .00205 - I imagine they want these to lease out well, get them on the road and people talking about them. Probably Tier 1 credit will be .00180 and standard rate is .00205
Factoring in recent dramatic rise in short term interest rate. Either way, this is not a good car to lease.
A $55000 car with 12k miles per year with residual of 60% for 36 months costs over $800 a month incl. tax at 0.00180 money factor and approaches $900 a month at 0.00240.
This is assuming no discount and no cap reduction.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Factoring in recent dramatic rise in short term interest rate. Either way, this is not a good car to lease.
A $55000 car with 12k miles per year with residual of 60% for 36 months costs over $800 a month incl. tax at 0.00180 money factor and approaches $900 a month at 0.00240.
This is assuming no discount and no cap reduction.
"this is not a good car to lease" is a pretty sweeping statement. In my case for example, I tend to get a new car about every other year. And if I buy it I can add 9.5% state sales tax ($3500ish) which I might as well flush down the toilet...

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
"this is not a good car to lease" is a pretty sweeping statement. In my case for example, I tend to get a new car about every other year. And if I buy it I can add 9.5% state sales tax ($3500ish) which I might as well flush down the toilet...
That's because this car gets NO discount. Discount is the key to good leasing cars. Every dollar of discount goes directly to your lease payment saving. Of course, residual values are key too...

·
Registered
381 Posts
That's because this car gets NO discount. Discount is the key to good leasing cars. Every dollar of discount goes directly to your lease payment saving. Of course, residual values are key too...
Actually the money factor is the single biggest factor in a lease calculation. The selling discount drops your payment approximately $12 a month for every 1% reduction in price with a $40000 vehicle. The money factor drops your payment approximately $12 a month for every .0002 reduction.

I have seen them jack the money factor up by as much as .001. That changes your payment by as much as $60 a month. My dealer tried to charge me .00262 MF with perfect credit. That is over 6% interest rate.

The money factor is unbound. They can change it to whatever value they want. In addition it is not based on credit score at all anymore. They just tell you that to make you think that they are raising it for a legitimate reason.

Always get them to commit to a MF value first. It is much harder for them to play games if that value is locked down before the other negotiations take place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually the money factor is the single biggest factor in a lease calculation. The selling discount drops your payment approximately $12 a month for every 1% reduction in price with a $40000 vehicle. The money factor drops your payment approximately $12 a month for every .0002 reduction.

I have seen them jack the money factor up by as much as .001. That changes your payment by as much as $60 a month. My dealer tried to charge me .00262 MF with perfect credit. That is over 6% interest rate.

The money factor is unbound. They can change it to whatever value they want. In addition it is not based on credit score at all anymore. They just tell you that to make you think that they are raising it for a legitimate reason.

Always get them to commit to a MF value first. It is much harder for them to play games if that value is locked down before the other negotiations take place.
thanks for the info,
i did order my car about 1 month ago, he told me must be here 3rd week of june (3 months almost),
i did negotiate a lease deal for almost 36500K MSRP, 15K/month, 2000drive off, and 430$/month:
but the dealer told me he can not guarantee the price (since the programs may change from MB), but he said it is unlikely to change, and if it does, it will be known to all, he said the things that may change are the residual of 66% and may be MSRP,,,,,,now does the money factor change by the dealer or from MB ?
i have a picture of the program at the time of the order,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts