Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically the title, my first car was a 14 cla and I loved the thing. My car crashed and I jumped ship to a C class and eventually a Lexus. I’ve always loved my cla and wanted another one and I feel like now is the time. Im considering a 17/18/19 cla250 and was wondering what the differences are from my old 14. Does it have Apple car play, are there more features and is it more reliable?

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
The 19s are the last of the mohicans and it seems most issues were ironed out (as expected)
And not too many complaints on here (yet)

·
Registered
2016 CLA 250 2.0L 4matic
22 Posts
The CLAs have Carplay as of MY '16, if I'm not mistaken. It's included as part of the smartphone integration package for the older ones, but they may have made it standard fare in later models (one of the more knowledgeable folks on here can probably clarify, looking at you @jmc 😜)

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Hey dont look at me ... i have the dino version
We did bitch to benz for teasing a retro fit just so folks would get the cars and of course that was the marketing nuts not realizing the ntg4.5/4.7 head units need a lot more than just retrofit for carplay etc. So benz went back on that retrofit comment. Even the aftermarkets are not exactly pnp. But no worries an iphone works fine through the media connector and the native maps are more intuitive and faster (for me anyway).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts