Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I drive like 60% eco 40% sport mostly because eco is default and yes engage the parking brake on inclines/declines. My daily commute isn't much and since i live on the east coast the drive during winter is limited. Good to know that the transmission change would be plus w.r.t to warranty and resale.
Btw i have the C300 4matic loaner and i am liking it both the drive and luxury inside though i think the cla looks great on the exterior and gives a more cohesive feeling when driving.
it doesnt. however mostpeople who are purchasing an expensive car would want to look at the service records.
its really not a bad thing to have a transmission replaced specially by the dealer.. that means your transmission warranty is now renewed to 40k 4 years which is standard transmission warranty.
so actually ur new buyer should be happy about this. not the reverse
i have a question on your driving habbits... how do you consider yourself , do u pedal shift a lot, do you downshift a lot, or is it always eco mode, was it always sport... do u accelerate hard, do you use parking brake specially parked on inclines, inclined driveways, and parked downhill?
i know that you should not let the weight of the car rest on the transmission gears... meaning, when you are on an incline, and want to park. u should engage parking brakes before letting go the brakes.
most people do not use that parking brake, and they let the weight of car rest on the transmission gears. ... this could wear out your transmission.
also shifting in reverse when not in full stop and in cla, opening the door while the car is rolling slowly :D.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I drive like 60% eco 40% sport mostly because eco is default and yes engage the parking brake on inclines/declines. My daily commute isn't much and since i live on the east coast the drive during winter is limited. Good to know that the transmission change would be plus w.r.t to warranty and resale.
Btw i have the C300 4matic loaner and i am liking it both the drive and luxury inside though i think the cla looks great on the exterior and gives a more cohesive feeling when driving.
yea any repair at the dealer usually comes with at least 2 year no questions asked warranty.
new transmission warranty should be at least 4 years. check with your dealer when you get it back.
please share with us your service receipts where they describe findings and decisions to replace. they usually put cost then they zero- it at the end...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I got my car a couple of weeks back and when I asked for warranty they told me that the original warranty only holds. In the receipts there was no cost mentioned anywhere.
It was zeroes everywhere. It has been driving fine so far and I hope that the issue never arises again.
yea any repair at the dealer usually comes with at least 2 year no questions asked warranty.
new transmission warranty should be at least 4 years. check with your dealer when you get it back.
please share with us your service receipts where they describe findings and decisions to replace. they usually put cost then they zero- it at the end...

·
Registered
279 Posts
I got my car a couple of weeks back and when I asked for warranty they told me that the original warranty only holds. In the receipts there was no cost mentioned anywhere.
It was zeroes everywhere. It has been driving fine so far and I hope that the issue never arises again.
pkp,

I'm pretty concerned reading this. This happened to me today on the interstate while I was in traffic. The message popped up on me. Then accelerating was revving my rpms more than it ever does and just going slow. Once I got out of traffic I pulled over at a gas station, turned the car off and on again and the message went away. Everything appeared fine after that for the next 15-20 miles including reverse.

How long did it take to diagnose your transmission and how long did it take them to fix the issue and give you your car back?

-Brandon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
pkp,

I'm pretty concerned reading this. This happened to me today on the interstate while I was in traffic. The message popped up on me. Then accelerating was revving my rpms more than it ever does and just going slow. Once I got out of traffic I pulled over at a gas station, turned the car off and on again and the message went away. Everything appeared fine after that for the next 15-20 miles including reverse.

How long did it take to diagnose your transmission and how long did it take them to fix the issue and give you your car back?

-Brandon
They couldn't figure out the cause and so they replaced the transmission. All they told me was they could see the error code but didn't know why it was occurring. It took them a little above a week to get the new transmission and then do the testing before they handed over the car. The issue occurred at about 5k miles. After the replace there hasn't been any problems so far. I also did a 2k+ miles road trip recently and it was very good. I would suggest you better take it to the dealer as soon as possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reversing not possible. Service required"

I got the same issue(Reversed Not Possible Service Required) last Friday and brought into dealer on Saturday. Today they called said everything is fixed. I asked how, they said the new SW is updated...:)
Here is the comments from dealer's service invoice: "Performed short test found DTC Code 092500 flashed transmission control unit with newest software. And perform basic relearn of transmission per LI27.10-P-057941"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey this happened to me yesterday. I took a picture of the dashboard and brought the car in. I have a 2014 CLA 250 4matic and it occured after an eco start stop. Mine also was fine after turning off the engine and turning it back on. Just got the car back and this is what they said
"CHECK CODE IN TRANSMISSION: 274500 RPM
SENSOR 2 HAS AN ELECTRICAL FAULT, FOUND TIPS DOCUMENT # GI27.00-P-061160, PERFORM TRANSMISSION SOFTWARE UPDATE AND ADAPTATION. ERASE ALL CODES. CHECK GOOD FUNCTION OF REVERSE. ALL GOOD. OK 143"

It seems all they did was perform a software update and erase error codes in memory. Ive only driven about 10km since then, will post an update if anything goes wrong

·
Registered
17 Posts
Reversing not possible service required

So I've experienced this "really strange" issue twice now in less than 2 months.
My car is EDP which I picked-up in Sindelfingen in August 2015 (built May 2015).

The first time it happened on March 6, 2018, I couldn't remember the exact error message.
Had the car towed to MBLN and they kept my car for 6 days.
My service advisor told me that they kept it that long because they were making sure that QC had evaluated and tested everything.
They replaced the battery and I was also told that my miles are low at 20K for 2.5 years and that I have to make sure to drive the car for longer distances to charge battery properly.
That is "mind-boggling" to me as I know some CLA owners here who have lower miles than me.

Anyhow, today it happened again and I took a picture of the message that displayed on my dashboard which is the title of this thread.
I parked the car and re-started and the problem was gone.
Very curious to hear what they would say when I bring it to service tomorrow.

It's a bummer. As much as I love this car, I have had this issue twice and had another strange software issue back in Q1 2016 so it is of concern when my 4 year warranty draws near. I would consider giving it up before then.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
So I've experienced this "really strange" issue twice now in less than 2 months.
My car is EDP which I picked-up in Sindelfingen in August 2015 (built May 2015).

The first time it happened on March 6, 2018, I couldn't remember the exact error message.
Had the car towed to MBLN and they kept my car for 6 days.
My service advisor told me that they kept it that long because they were making sure that QC had evaluated and tested everything.
They replaced the battery and I was also told that my miles are low at 20K for 2.5 years and that I have to make sure to drive the car for longer distances to charge battery properly.
That is "mind-boggling" to me as I know some CLA owners here who have lower miles than me.

Anyhow, today it happened again and I took a picture of the message that displayed on my dashboard which is the title of this thread.
I parked the car and re-started and the problem was gone.
Very curious to hear what they would say when I bring it to service tomorrow.

It's a bummer. As much as I love this car, I have had this issue twice and had another strange software issue back in Q1 2016 so it is of concern when my 4 year warranty draws near. I would consider giving it up before then.
Hey Ms.T nice to see you still on here
So you got your battery replaced too huh? I am on #3 geewhiz.
The dealers comment about not driving enough is a little slanted ... its not the overall mileage but rather the short trips that kill the battery cuz our charging systems are not constant-on but on demand and only when engine is not under load ... both times I had the battery issue was right after a short trip during which the poor battery never received a charge. Silly in this day and age of smart electronics.
You gearbox thing is freaky ... and the restart resolution is even more odd ... like rebooting a pc? Hope they find the mechanical “bug” or update the control software?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi JMC,

I know it has been a while. Good to hear from you..

3 battery replacements already , huh?
What error message did you get for service to decide it was a battery issue.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Hi JMC,

I know it has been a while. Good to hear from you..

3 battery replacements already , huh?
What error message did you get for service to decide it was a battery issue.
No errors no nothing ... just no start after those 2 short trips
Would be nice if the dash left a “your battery is dying” message

·
Registered
17 Posts
No errors no nothing ... just no start after those 2 short trips
Would be nice if the dash left a “your battery is dying” message
I know right?

I can’t remember exactly what my service advisor suggested but I think he said make sure to drive for a longer distance for proper charging. When I pick up my car, I need for him to remind me how long of a distance and how often.
I work from home so I would not be surprised if I would have the same batter issues you’ve run into.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I know right?

I can’t remember exactly what my service advisor suggested but I think he said make sure to drive for a longer distance for proper charging. When I pick up my car, I need for him to remind me how long of a distance and how often.
I work from home so I would not be surprised if I would have the same batter issues you’ve run into.
well my car gets <5000mi/yr ... and I do my best to make sure the majority of the trips are "long" ones ... furthermore the battery is maintained by what most good marques recommend (ctek unit) whenever the car is dormant ... so this "short trip killing your battery" thing is kinda hokey

then add in that magical "2 year warranty" and both of my failures right around the 2 year mark ... well ... you get my drift ... :cool:

however some folks must have "lucky" batteries as they are still going strong ... and some dont even start their cars that often
on that score hope you got a "lucky" battery!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ran into this weird issue last Saturday. I took my cla out of my parking lot and then driving for a few minutes hit the interstate. As soon as i was picking up speed after merging the dash beeped an alert " Reversing not possible. Service required". Then i took the exit and stopped at a gas station. The reverse gear wont apply. Tried shutting down the engine and starting but didnt help. Tried restarting a few times and then called mercedes help (via mbrace). They booked for a towing truck. About 5 mins later everything was fine and reverse gear engaged. So i cancelled towing as it was weekend anyways. Drove the next day (~30-40 miles) without any issues and took it for servicing today. The technician said this is the first time they have seen it and are still diagnosing the problem.
Did anyone else ever have this problem? I saw a few guys on another forum ran into this issue but there wasnt any proper solution.

Any thoughts?
Hahha omg legit that just happened to me, and I’m gonna let the car rest for 5 mins and I’m sure it will work again hahha but thank you for your help stay awesome 😄

·
Registered
9 Posts
well you are the first to have this issue. so we still dont know if its a transmission design issue or just your car.. maybe bad sensor or what ever. but certainly concerning.
i may consider havng them upgrade u to a c class maybe? :). c is not where as nice as cla though.. but i do believe its maybe more durable and built stronger. dont know i never tried the new c. but its rear wheeldrive so it has the old known transmission.
Hes not the 1st, loads of ppl have had the exact same issue.
Its not the transmission thats the issue it dont need to be replaced.
Its the software itself.

All you need is a software update an it will be fine.

Many ppl have had this including myself ehich mine happend tonight for the 1st time.

Booked in to my auto electricain this week.
He will be doing the software update an will be fine again.

Common falut with the autos 2.1 engines.

The 1.5engines are fine because their shity french engines

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ran into this weird issue last Saturday. I took my cla out of my parking lot and then driving for a few minutes hit the interstate. As soon as i was picking up speed after merging the dash beeped an alert " Reversing not possible. Service required". Then i took the exit and stopped at a gas station. The reverse gear wont apply. Tried shutting down the engine and starting but didnt help. Tried restarting a few times and then called mercedes help (via mbrace). They booked for a towing truck. About 5 mins later everything was fine and reverse gear engaged. So i cancelled towing as it was weekend anyways. Drove the next day (~30-40 miles) without any issues and took it for servicing today. The technician said this is the first time they have seen it and are still diagnosing the problem.
Did anyone else ever have this problem? I saw a few guys on another forum ran into this issue but there wasnt any proper solution.

Any thoughts?
I came across similar issue n resolved in some time

·
Registered
9 Posts
I came across similar issue n resolved in some time
Just had a UPDATE...

The issue is every car that has this issue
Should be booked in with MERCEDES dealership.
They all need a SOFTWARE UPDATE.

the update is FREE OF CHARGE with mercedes because the manifacturer has deemed it nessisary that it must be done to every car.
So its been made FREE OF CHARGE.

This will fix the issue completely...

Mine is booked in for tomo 15.1.21

I will update once i collect the car from mercedes.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Mine is booked in for tomo 15.1.21

I will update once i collect the car from mercedes.
Would you mind having them document the sw versions before and after?
That would be very useful

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would you mind having them document the sw versions before and after?
That would be very useful
Yeah sure i will ask them in the morning when i drop the car off to them.
Ill ask them to take a picture of the software thats currantly on mine.
An then to take pic of the new updated version they load onto it.
If they do it then ill try an upload it here for you.

I cnt gaurantee they will do it, but i will defo ask for u.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts