Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

So the long-awaited CLA 250 Edition 1 was finally delivered last Friday (I live in Massachusetts). I planned to post pictures on Saturday but got tangled in some other affairs. My apologies. Here are some pictures of my E1. I will be updating my driving experience soon.

Photo Sep 30, 4 30 18 PM.png Photo Sep 30, 4 30 25 PM.png Photo Sep 30, 4 30 38 PM.png Photo Sep 30, 4 30 49 PM.png Photo Sep 30, 4 30 56 PM.png Photo Sep 30, 4 31 02 PM.png Photo Sep 30, 4 31 24 PM.png Photo Sep 30, 4 31 54 PM.png

·
Registered
166 Posts
Congrats! One thing I noticed that's different on the steering wheel of Edition 1 vs Sport package is the black stitching on yours and red on mine.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congrats! I live in MA as well but ended up ordering mine from a CT dealer. Which dealer did you deal with? Were you able to negotiate any kind of discount?

·
Registered
896 Posts
mercedes made e1 steering wheel black because they didnt want the red to clash with all the yellow on the e1

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
OP it looks great. Just one thing, would the dealership leave off the front plate if you requested? The last picture looks great with no front plate. Nonetheless the car is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
166 Posts
OP it looks great. Just one thing, would the dealership leave off the front plate if you requested? The last picture looks great with no front plate. Nonetheless the car is beautiful.

When I took delivery of mine, I noticed that they forgot to install the front plate holder...they require them here in CO but I'm going to leave it off for the next two months until I'm due for a registration. I didn't preorder mine but from my understanding, it's a "dealer-installed" option so if you preorder yours, you can have them leave it off. It looks better without it for sure.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
When I took delivery of mine, I noticed that they forgot to install the front plate holder...they require them here in CO but I'm going to leave it off for the next two months until I'm due for a registration. I didn't preorder mine but from my understanding, it's a "dealer-installed" option so if you preorder yours, you can have them leave it off. It looks better without it for sure.
Yeah I did that with my current car. You got lucky. Good for you. You should get the show n go plate holder before you reregister.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks great! I live in Mass, Im around the Boston/Cambridge area a lot around the weekends. Hope to see your car one of these days!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I purchased this vehicle from MB of Boston, part of the Herb Chambers chain. I did not get any discount on the Edition 1 except a few freebies, which in my viewpoint are totally worthless, especially considering that the car has an OTD price of almost 45K.

But, given what I saw on the forum and the popularity of base model, I did not expect any discount from the start. Did you have better luck with that CT dealer?

Congrats! I live in MA as well but ended up ordering mine from a CT dealer. Which dealer did you deal with? Were you able to negotiate any kind of discount?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was not really paying attention to that because I was juggling multiple things on that day. You should definitely contact your dealer for that

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I was not really paying attention to that because I was juggling multiple things on that day. You should definitely contact your dealer for that
I plan on him making a bold notation about it. Car looks beautiful. Congrats and good luck.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I purchased this vehicle from MB of Boston, part of the Herb Chambers chain. I did not get any discount on the Edition 1 except a few freebies, which in my viewpoint are totally worthless, especially considering that the car has an OTD price of almost 45K.

But, given what I saw on the forum and the popularity of base model, I did not expect any discount from the start. Did you have better luck with that CT dealer?
Well, she's a beauty and worth every penny. I'm only now learning the significance of the Edition 1 and agree a discount would not be expected. I was offered $500 off any CLA and ordered a standard model. Had I know about the Edition 1 I would have inquired but it's really more than I can currently afford. I'm trying to stay in the $35 to $36K range. Sometimes hard to tell but I wonder if the Edition 1 will be collectible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer gave me $500 off sticker for one of 2 E1s he has coming in. Total $41350 plus 6% tax plus ~$150 reg fee. It was under $45k total, donf feel like doing math now. Not that 500 is much... I am sure by spring this discount could triple/quadruple.

My car should b here wednesday. So excited...

:-D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

1 - 17 of 17 Posts