Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think like most I have read every review out there on both the A45 and CLA45 and most were not as great as we were hoping/expecting based on the headline figures of the car. However, I have noticed a trend in the more recent reviews particularly those on UK roads where the stance is changing.

Auto express and Autocar - both saying the A45 is BETTER than the BMW M135 which is consider the stand out car in its class.

Now add to this Chris Harris who is siging the praises of the A45 as well.

Mercedes A45 AMG: Review - PistonHeads

I know this is not the cla45 but it is pleasing to see that now that the real tests are being done the car/s is being looked at more favourably, rather than getting bogged down with the price and the fact its not the traditional AMG 6.3+ package smoking up the rear tyres.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks good! I have no doubt in the performance of the CLA45 to be honest given the current reviews. To an average person given a brand new car with stunning interior, 355hp, AWD, paddle shift ect ect... How bad can it really be? lol :mblogoblack:

·
Registered
896 Posts
CLA45 part starts around 3:40

im mad that for some reason, he has no red seat belts in his cla45! wtf?

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I think like most I have read every review out there on both the A45 and CLA45 and most were not as great as we were hoping/expecting based on the headline figures of the car. However, I have noticed a trend in the more recent reviews particularly those on UK roads where the stance is changing.

Auto express and Autocar - both saying the A45 is BETTER than the BMW M135 which is consider the stand out car in its class.

Now add to this Chris Harris who is siging the praises of the A45 as well.

I know this is not the cla45 but it is pleasing to see that now that the real tests are being done the car/s is being looked at more favourably, rather than getting bogged down with the price and the fact its not the traditional AMG 6.3+ package smoking up the rear tyres.
Yes, but interestingly, a number of the reviewers have also noted that the A45 is somehow better than the CLA45 (despite being almost identical cars -- save their respective...butts). Nevertheless, I agree with AMG Boost. Screw the journalists. ;)

To an average person given a brand new car with stunning interior, 355hp, AWD, paddle shift ect ect... How bad can it really be? lol :mblogoblack:
Although, just to play devil's advocate, AMG doesn't target "average buyers" with their cars and I don't consider myself an average buyer. If I did, a $46K Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec with a V8 pumping out whopping 429hp and 376 lb-ft of torque would seem a whole lot more appealing. Come to think of it maybe we're all idiots. lol Naaaah. ;)

-Eric

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes, but interestingly, a number of the reviewers have also noted that the A45 is somehow better than the CLA45 (despite being almost identical cars -- save their respective...butts). Nevertheless, I agree with AMG Boost. Screw the journalists. ;)

Although, just to play devil's advocate, AMG doesn't target "average buyers" with their cars and I don't consider myself an average buyer. If I did, a $46K Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec with a V8 pumping out whopping 429hp and 376 lb-ft of torque would seem a whole lot more appealing. Come to think of it maybe we're all idiots. lol Naaaah. ;)

-Eric
Thats another incentive that makes the CLA45 so appealing for us Canadians is that a Genesis 5.0 R spec is 54k here +tax. The Mercedes prices for Canada and USA are nearly identical, making it a deal for us :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I have the option to get red seat belts in Canada. Not sure about USA???
Red seat belts are standard fare in the US base CLA45. I have been trying to get rid of them but the only way is to order
the leather option. There you get black seat belts. Wish they would give us a choice.
Originally thought the red belts were an AMG exclusive but realized C-class cars can get them with red-cut package

1 - 7 of 7 Posts