Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a Mercedes enthusiast and driver for over 35 years. I drove a 69 240d for 2 years and put 60000 miles on it after i bought it with 125,000 on it. Traded it in on a 74 240d with 120000 on it and drove it for 3 years and put a 100,000 miles on it an only cost me 140.00 plus fuel and services. BUt that gave me the bug for longevity and reliability. I have been selling them for 30 yrs. and would not drive anything else or sell anything else. When I saw the CLA and showed it to my 26yr old son he went crazy and wants my first AMG. I lived 5 miles from the BMW plant and was on their track 3 or 4 times. But spent a lot of time in Mercedes at Daytona and Road Atlanta doing ride and drives. Did an AMG ride and drive at Road Atlanta. (awesome)Cannot wait till the CLA amg gets here.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome Rockin Robin. Looks like your a Mercedes man through and through. Nice to have you on the forums.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I have been a Mercedes enthusiast and driver for over 35 years. I drove a 69 240d for 2 years and put 60000 miles on it after i bought it with 125,000 on it. Traded it in on a 74 240d with 120000 on it and drove it for 3 years and put a 100,000 miles on it an only cost me 140.00 plus fuel and services. BUt that gave me the bug for longevity and reliability. I have been selling them for 30 yrs. and would not drive anything else or sell anything else. When I saw the CLA and showed it to my 26yr old son he went crazy and wants my first AMG. I lived 5 miles from the BMW plant and was on their track 3 or 4 times. But spent a lot of time in Mercedes at Daytona and Road Atlanta doing ride and drives. Did an AMG ride and drive at Road Atlanta. (awesome)Cannot wait till the CLA amg gets here.
Hello Robin, welcome to the site! Sounds like you've been blessed to be living so close to some really neat tracks/car manufacturers. Glad to have you on the site!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts