Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
My 2015 CLA45 has a problem of Roof Paint Coating Peeled off recently. Does anybody have the same issue with your CLA's ? View attachment 66888

Is that the black panel between the panorama glass pane and the front windshield?

If it is, a lot of that issue is to do with the extreme heat and cold changes, plus the sunlight beating down on it. I always put a coat of wax on it, after each car wash, and my car is mostly parked covered in garage when not in use.

Only thing you can do , as suggested, polish down with a high cut polishing compound, and then spray coat the panel with a bottle of clear coat spray, just make sure you cover up the rest of the car and tape off the edges properly. That should do the job of restoring the finish of that shiny panel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that the black panel between the panorama glass pane and the front windshield?

If it is, a lot of that issue is to do with the extreme heat and cold changes, plus the sunlight beating down on it. I always put a coat of wax on it, after each car wash, and my car is mostly parked covered in garage when not in use.

Only thing you can do , as suggested, polish down with a high cut polishing compound, and then spray coat the panel with a bottle of clear coat spray, just make sure you cover up the rest of the car and tape off the edges properly. That should do the job of restoring the finish of that shiny panel.
Thanks for your advice but I'm not very much confident to dive into my poor DIY performance. I'd rather ask a Car Dealer to fix it, then. The car is used in Tokyo area in Japan though it's mostly parked beneath the sun however, it is just 5 years old. I didn't experience such a trouble when having Japanese cars.

·
Registered
12,561 Posts
Will add the advantage of the wrap - it is replaceable

And can match the roof rear section wrap if also done

Saw some results that look pretty good

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thanks for your advice but I'm not very much confident to dive into my poor DIY performance. I'd rather ask a Car Dealer to fix it, then. The car is used in Tokyo area in Japan though it's mostly parked beneath the sun however, it is just 5 years old. I didn't experience such a trouble when having Japanese cars.
That's why Japanese cars are always superior in reliability over european cars , even mercedes. =)

·
Registered
280 Posts
They developed technology to build quality products. I have 21 year old LX470 that looks and drive same as day came out of factory with 167000 milles. I assume cars are build not to last that long.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
They developed technology to build quality products. I have 21 year old LX470 that looks and drive same as day came out of factory with 167000 milles. I assume cars are build not to last that long.
I am guessing this japanese cultural thinking of building quality cars stems from way back in history, as japan does not have the natural resources like USA or Canada, they built into their mantra , to manufacture things that will last for a long while. So over time, it was probably built into their DNA, an ingenuity to make things that outlast similar things made elsewhere (e.g USA , Europe), using the same raw materials obtained from the west.

Necessity is the mother of all inventions =)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am guessing this japanese cultural thinking of building quality cars stems from way back in history, as japan does not have the natural resources like USA or Canada, they built into their mantra , to manufacture things that will last for a long while. So over time, it was probably built into their DNA, an ingenuity to make things that outlast similar things made elsewhere (e.g USA , Europe), using the same raw materials obtained from the west.

Necessity is the mother of all inventions =)
Aside from Japanese culture in manufacturing, I thought German Quality would be more competitive. In reality, my Porsche 928S4 and 911 (Type 996 Carrera) were not so bad. I'm currently asking Mercedes Car Dealer to see if this could be within their Quality Warrant.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.