Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I had mine repainted a couple of years ago. Still looks perfect
Thanks for your input. So I thought it was a potential initial failure of the coating material or process at Mercedes. I don't believe it could happen so often and so broadly among the users in such short period as 5 years. I'm getting contact with local Mercedes Benz car dealer for information.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Thanks for your input. So I thought it was a potential initial failure of the coating material or process at Mercedes. I don't believe it could happen so often and so broadly among the users in such short period as 5 years. I'm getting contact with local Mercedes Benz car dealer for information.
Hope they grant a goodwill solution
If not reclear or wrap

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hope they grant a goodwill solution
If not reclear or wrap
What do you think will be happening unless repainted or wrapped ?
I'm just thinking if I remove and leave it all if nothing's going to happen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
My 2015 CLA45 has a problem of Roof Paint Coating Peeled off recently. Does anybody have the same issue with your CLA's ? View attachment 66888
I finally got a response from Mercedes Car Dealer in Japan only to find multiple cases were reported but they say it was dealt out of Mercedes-Benz Car Warrant scope. It costs you as much as US$1.3K if replaced. I don't think this is a good solution as you'll see the same problem again in another 5 years. I'll seek a shop to have the coating removed and re-wrap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "Phoenix1、投稿:404631、例:25480"]
交換はありがむメルセデスベンツカーワラントの範囲外であります。取り5極でありケースが続きます、これは良い解決策ありあります。
[/これ]
[QUOTE = "Phoenix1、投稿:404631、メンバー:25480"]
ついに日本のメルセデスカーディーラーから複数のケースが報告されたという返答がありましたが、彼らはそれがメルセデスベンツカーワラントの範囲外で扱われたと言っています。交換した場合、1.3K米ドルもの費用がかかります。今後5年間で同じケースが再び発生するため、これは良い解決策ではないと思います。コーティングを完全に取り除いて、再度包む店を探します。
[/見積もり]
(n)

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I finally got a response from Mercedes Car Dealer in Japan only to find multiple cases were reported but they say it was dealt out of Mercedes-Benz Car Warrant scope. It costs you as much as US$1.3K if replaced. I don't think this is a good solution as you'll see the same problem again in another 5 years. I'll seek a shop to have the coating removed and re-wrap.
The wrap is an economical and functional solution
Just remind them to heavily protect the adjacent panels

21 - 30 of 30 Posts