Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys
I own a white 2014CLA
Thinking about having my roof wrapped behind the pano roof, so that the entire roof is black, maybe also the rear spoiler from white to black. I had an Optima that had the whole roof black, don't know why Mercedes doesn't have that option.
Got pricing of $200 for roof and $150 spoiler, shop will probably do both for $300.
Price seems fair, but worried about car wash and longevity.
Your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I think it's a great idea to wrap the pano roof back panel. Make sure you get a reputable shop that uses a good quality wrap film.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Grille
I got my 2020 CLA45 ppf’d more then a year ago plus black wrap on the roof to match the sunroof, like you’re thinking. It’s holding up great and the car looks so much better. The black wrap material was manufactured in South Korea. You can contact my installer (located in Toronto Canada) and get advice on the material. Google One Auto Studio Toronto. Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the roof of my 2019 CLA 220 wrapped in black and its looking great.
The guy who installed it recommended to wash the car only by hand, and explicitly said to not to go an automatic car wash, as it could damage the wrap.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx for all your replies, guys!
Think I'm gonna go for it!
Great pic, "ynm"
Already have a good shop, same guys that did my window tint on 6 of my cars during the past few years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Sky

You can easily wrap it yourself. That amount of wrap won't cost much just lean it good and take your time. I wrapped my 2016 Orange Edition in satin black almost 2 years ago. Still looks good to me and others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts