Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd give you guys a thrill and start a new thread.
How many of you guys watch Scotty's videos? He's quite a character.
High entertainment value if nothing else. He appears to know what
he's talking about whether you like him or not. I enjoy his
wackiness, though some of the titles are a bit provocative.
Rev up your engines! :)

Registered
He is certainly a prolific YouTuber, and indeed 'wacky'. I certainly appreciate his 'old school' approach to cars, but do wonder sometimes if he is really across the complexities of the latest offerings, given his contradictory advice on certain brands. He makes me laugh sometimes though, and no, he does not sugar coat anything, which is a refreshing change from the usual 'I'm 24 and just bought a Pagani and here are 5 things I love/hate about it' offering.

Registered
He has some good points but the thing that irks me is how he says luxury cars are a waste of money and saying controversial stuff to rack up views. He spends wayyy to much money on youtube ads I had to block his channel. Annoying, some good stuff but ike JMC said above, first hand experience is best. I prefer ChrisFix btw.

Registered
these guys are entertaining and informative at the same time.

donutmedia
thestraightpipes

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Being an old fart like Scotty (65 in February), I relate to another old guy. I don't work on my own car anyway.
I did basic things back when it wasn't too difficult. I wouldn't touch anything under the hood, except fluid
fill up and changing the battery. Where are the points and condenser anyway?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts