Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, out of nowhere my CLAs screen becomes scrambled (only when car play is plugged in). I have tried different cords and different iPhones. Both with the same result.

Any ideas here?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue. When I plug my adapter for my phone in the car that is exactly what happens. Have not had a chance to take it into the dealership yet. Does any one here have a response. I think it's probably the adapter. Might have to purchase the one Mercedes Benz give you when you purchase your call. That one got damaged so I've tried several but to no avail.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What’s crazy is that I take the car to the dealership I show the serviceman the issue... plug in... and it’s fixed!
I didn’t do anything different. Mercedes said to try to log out of everything Apple related... restart phone... then log back in ... then try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whoa looks like a dirty tracking in Betamax/VHS players.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
You have to take it to the dealer to fix the problem. It’s a connection with CarPlay that needs to be fix. My car has the same problem. I am taking in to have the service center fix it. It comes and goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

i had the exact same issue on A160 2017 and CLA200 2017 with iPhone XS.
Meanwhile i replaced the phone and also with an iPhone 12 Pro same issue on CLA200 2017.
In order to solve the scrambled display you have to restart the iPhone and everything will be ok for few days :))
I took the car to service and they update the software on AUDIO20 but same issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive taken mine to the dealer for this exact issue, they state there are no updates available for this and it just requires you to restart the phone that is causing it. The phone reboot works every time but very annoying. I guess its an Apple issue but since I have no other car with carplay, I'm not sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts