Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone ever determined the root cause? I have the same issue, display goes blank and then back on, and it can keep doing this for a long time. At first it was not affecting anything but later, the radio would go off and the phone Bluetooth disconnect. Then everything would come back on.
The car is at a dealer, but they cant find the root cause. The say there's a fw update they are about to apply, so we'll see.
To me it sounds more like some connection is going bad somewhere, but who knows.
Found a youtube video where a guy fixed it by re-sitting the fuse, so he though it was due to fuse oxidation, but in his case it just went blank and never came back until he fixed the fuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a cla 250 limited edition 1 and am now having major screen problems. It started with screen splitting into different section than fading away. Commands always work even if screen scrambled or black. I had an update and no problem 2 weeks. Then happened again. Usually when vehicle cold. Went to dealership and second update made it much worse. Was told I need new computer and at dealership 1,200! Ouch

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
may just be a wonky lvds (low voltage differential signaling) cable
and sometimes the screen driver (internal electronics & connections) goes bad
if you can perhaps remove the screen and wiggle the cable around to see what happens?
hope you track this down

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having blank screen and screen scrambling fixed at dealership right now. My screen scrambled more then went black. There is a service bulletin to update module to correct it. Next step is to replace screen.

for anyone with CarPlay which the 2014 CLA does not use. Apple sent down some update that interferes somehow with Bluetooth. I believe that is easy fix at dealership with update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a CLA 250 2014, I have this in my screen. I tried rebooting with the ON buttom and nothing happen. Is not the first time, after some hours Command will work find.
Anybody with this issue? View attachment 65239
I have the exact same thing. But I tried everything and system never came back normal. were you able to figure out why and how to fix it?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts