Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
Just a crazy thought ... might be a background ota update or something
I know ours are 14s but you never know ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone ever determined the root cause? I have the same issue, display goes blank and then back on, and it can keep doing this for a long time. At first it was not affecting anything but later, the radio would go off and the phone Bluetooth disconnect. Then everything would come back on.
The car is at a dealer, but they cant find the root cause. The say there's a fw update they are about to apply, so we'll see.
To me it sounds more like some connection is going bad somewhere, but who knows.
Found a youtube video where a guy fixed it by re-sitting the fuse, so he though it was due to fuse oxidation, but in his case it just went blank and never came back until he fixed the fuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a cla 250 limited edition 1 and am now having major screen problems. It started with screen splitting into different section than fading away. Commands always work even if screen scrambled or black. I had an update and no problem 2 weeks. Then happened again. Usually when vehicle cold. Went to dealership and second update made it much worse. Was told I need new computer and at dealership 1,200! Ouch

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
may just be a wonky lvds (low voltage differential signaling) cable
and sometimes the screen driver (internal electronics & connections) goes bad
if you can perhaps remove the screen and wiggle the cable around to see what happens?
hope you track this down

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having blank screen and screen scrambling fixed at dealership right now. My screen scrambled more then went black. There is a service bulletin to update module to correct it. Next step is to replace screen.

for anyone with CarPlay which the 2014 CLA does not use. Apple sent down some update that interferes somehow with Bluetooth. I believe that is easy fix at dealership with update.

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
Does the SB cover out of warranty cases?
Happen to know that SB number?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all community

Please help, I´m from Chile.

I have a Mercedes W176 A250 and have the same problem of these topic.
Yesterday the screen appears with these Japanese text, please saw the photos attached.
I have reset the original radio by pressing the ON button , the Mercedes logo appears Ok, but then appears the Japanese message in the screen.

My car have Comand radio with DVD and GPS, I have only FM radio right know in the car, I can only put up and down the volume, but the bottoms of the radio doesn´t work (for example change station, change function, doesn´t work, etc).

Is the same like these topic, please help on how to fix theses problem.
Today I take out the Command radio (is very simple, disconnect all the cables of the radio and the screen also, but the problem is not resolved.

Question = If I bought a used working command unit, it would work immediately , or a need a code from the dealer when I install the new unit.

thanks for your help

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a CLA 250 2014, I have this in my screen. I tried rebooting with the ON buttom and nothing happen. Is not the first time, after some hours Command will work find.
Anybody with this issue? View attachment 65239
Hi
I´m from Chile, I have a Mercedes W176 A250 2013 year with the same message in the screen.

How do you fixed?
How many times appears these problem in the screen?

thanks for your help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all community

Please help, I´m from Chile.

I have a Mercedes W176 A250 and have the same problem of these topic.
Yesterday the screen appears with these Japanese text, please saw the photos attached.
I have reset the original radio by pressing the ON button , the Mercedes logo appears Ok, but then appears the Japanese message in the screen.

My car have Comand radio with DVD and GPS, I have only FM radio right know in the car, I can only put up and down the volume, but the bottoms of the radio doesn´t work (for example change station, change function, doesn´t work, etc).

Is the same like these topic, please help on how to fix theses problem.
Today I take out the Command radio (is very simple, disconnect all the cables of the radio and the screen also, but the problem is not resolved.

Question = If I bought a used working command unit, it would work immediately , or a need a code from the dealer when I install the new unit.

thanks for your help

View attachment 65701

View attachment 65702
Mines still isn’t working I disconnected the main battery and auxiliary battery, turn the screen on & off trying to reset it everything it has the same message. Unfortunately I guess I’m going to have to take it into the dealership. I don’t even have FM I have nothing. How did you take out the command?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

In my A250 2013 year is simple, you have to take out the center air vents, and then inside are 2 screws and then you can pull the command radio out. I have saw some videos that people have fix these problem of the screen replacement some fuses inside the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi

In my A250 2013 year is simple, you have to take out the center air vents, and then inside are 2 screws and then you can pull the command radio out. I have saw some videos that people have fix these problem of the screen replacement some fuses inside the car.

View attachment 65704
Thank you for that! I took the fuses out but I didn’t any bad ones. That looks exactly like mines, I’m afraid to take it out because I do not want to mess anything up worse. Please let me know if that’s fixes the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for that! I took the fuses out but I didn’t any bad ones. That looks exactly like mines, I’m afraid to take it out because I do not want to mess anything up worse. Please let me know if that’s fixes the problem.
What model is your car ?
Have you take and replace the fuses ? Sometimes they dont´made good conection, I would try that today

·
Administrator
1,828 Posts
Is "everything" still work, like radio and voice command ? Maybe this is a display issue ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think is a command radio problem, I have only radio FM and only 1 radio, I can´t change the presets radio, the bottoms of the radio doesn´t work, only I can put up and down the volume. I think is in a safe mode, like automatic transmission, but in the radio.

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
Have seen several threads on this all with very similar funny screen
Might just be the head unit going dead
Maybe translate the japanese characters?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts